A retail home goods and fragrance brand has a need for an Accessories Designer to join their team on a temporary basis. The primary responsibility of this role is to work collaboratively with the design team to conceptualize and provide design solutions for industrial/product design projects in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience creating 3D hard goods (accessories), dcor field experience, and a great knowledge of fabrication, color, applique/prints, and sourcing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design preferred
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in industrial/product design, preferably in plastic products
- Strong sense of design, fashion and color with the ability to translate into new products
- Strong conceptualization, sketching and ideation skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to visualize a design in 3D
- Experience taking product from concept to mechanicals
- Experience with 3D design programs (such as SolidWorks) is a plus
- Proven ability in the area of product illustration - both modern and whimsical with a lot of detail
- Must be adept in drawing accurate 2D views of plastic products through sketching and illustrator-style renderings
- Drawing and illustration skills strongly preferred
- Strong fashion sense with ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly to the customer and meet financial objectives
- Strong understanding of trends and how to apply them to product designs
- Understanding of material costs
- Create production mechanicals that represent the aesthetics of the original design, execute final graphic looks within cost parameters
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects - must be change agile and flexible in organizing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Proven ability to interpret a vision and create a design from that vision
- Strong communication skills
How do I apply? To apply, please email your resume for immediate consideration. Please reference "Accessories Designer" in the subject line. If you are not specific in our subject line our database will view it as spam.
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @syndicatebleu.com
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.