Helmed by tech & media veterans from Facebook, The New York Times, Quidsi, Salon, and more - Some Spider is an NYC-based innovative digital media company.
We are expanding our creative team, and seek an Art Director/Designer to create amazing designs for our media brands and in-house branded content studio.
- Work closely with creative director, management team, and studio leads for design needs related to in-house media brands as well as advertising campaigns
- Manage and execute longer term projects such as site redesigns, new site features, marketing initiatives, and needs around new content series'
- Manage and execute on rapid-fire, time sensitive projects for advertiser campaigns, and production needs for branded content studio
- Create design mockups and decks for new business, partner, and investor presentations
- Work with development team to create designs that are on strategy, and hand off assets and specs
- 5+ years experience working in media publishing, entertainment, advertising, or a combination thereof
- Passion for design in entertainment, media, and social content, with a rich portfolio of examples
- You have style. Not only can you design a clean modern screen, you can take concepts and requests and bring them to life in an exciting way.
- A portfolio with a heavy focus on mobile design (both app and mobile web)
- Totally fluent in standard design tools (PS, AI) and digital design workflow
- Fluent in office applications including presentation tools such as Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ability to absorb and design for brand guidelines, and manage design needs across multiple brands
- Understanding of core web/mobile UX principles and applying to design for media and advertising
- Passion for both current and emerging media & technology. You have opinions and speculations on where everything is going, from devices to software to content trends.
- Experience working with brands or sites targeted at moms, women, millennial demographics, news, politics
- Experience in video production, editing, and post-production
- Experience creating motion graphics via After Effects
- Fluency with Sketch and one or more current prototyping tools (InVision, Principle, Flinto, etc.)
- Experience in designing software products and apps
- Comfortable writing and editing front-end code (HTML/CSS)
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @somespider.com Be sure to include portfolio link and resume.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.