Money Map Press, one of the largest and fastest-growing publishers of financial newsletters and investment websites, is looking to hire an Art Director. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, loves the challenge of designing to make consumers "click," as well as overseeing the development and improvement of our brand experience to enhance retention.
The Art Director will be responsible for growing and mentoring an existing team of Designers, which currently handles the marketing and retention efforts for 28+ products and e-letters, HTML promotions and video sales letters, as well as 10+ websites. The Art Director will work closely with our Copywriters, Associate Publishers, and Media department heads to create the overall look and feel of all new online and print promotions - giving special consideration for how each piece relates to product-specific and corporate brand guides. This person must be highly organized with exceptional time-management skills. Strong communication is essential, so the candidate must be able to effectively communicate with multiple departments.
An ideal candidate would not only have experience in direct-response marketing design, but also possess the understanding of a fast-paced financial publishing environment in which promotional efforts react to markets and financial trends in real time. The Art Director needs to be able to conceptualize new ideas on the fly and execute those ideas quickly and efficiently.
- Managing, assessing, and growing our current Art Department.
- Generating clear ideas and concepts in tandem with our Copywriters, Associate Publishers, and the heads of our Media Department for promotional and branding efforts.
- Understanding marketing initiatives in order to strategically present our message to our target audience.
- Reviewing, suggesting, and approving designs, artwork, photographs, and graphics developed by team members for marketing and editorial copy.
- Delegating responsibilities to team members, making sure deadlines are met, and prioritizing based on company needs.
- Staying on top of all trends and best design practices.
- 8+ years' experience as an Art Director/Graphic Designer with an emphasis on marketing/advertising, printing, and publishing.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager or Team Lead preferred.
- Hands-on experience with web design, print production, direct mail design, typography, logo design, and image selection.
- Working knowledge and proficient use of all Adobe Creative Suite applications, general web applications, MS Office, stock photo/graphics/media sources. General HTML/CSS coding skills. On-site training will be provided for a small number of internal proprietary web-based applications. This is a hands-on position, you will be a working manager.
- A team player with strong communication and presentation skills that can take and give direction well.
This is a full-time position on-site in our beautiful office (a converted 19th-century mansion) in the historic Mt. Vernon district of Baltimore. Money Map Press, an Agora company, was recently named one of the "Top Workplaces in Baltimore!" by the Sun. Salary (and great benefits) commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements, portfolio and cover letter via the link provided.
About Money Map Press
Money Map Press, led by veteran publisher Mike Ward, has one goal: to make investing profitable. Our subscribers get access to a team of investment experts with more than 250 years of combined experience who deliver analysis and actionable investing ideas to put subscribers on a path to greater wealth. The global economy is rapidly expanding, creating an astounding number of new opportunities for investors and rendering old wealth strategies obsolete.
Today you have a choice: Get ahead of the crowd, or fall behind - for good. Money Map Press gives you access to a team of investment experts - with more than 250 years of combined experience - who work to uncover these global trends well before the mainstream media even takes notice. Our readers have profited - before Wall Street even had a clue - from an extraordinary number of breakthroughs, including:
An energy company that built the world's first pipeline to transport biodiesel An emerging tech giant that provides data "hubs" for the new Internet Smart Grid, a $100-billion-dollar market A new medical miracle drug that could wipe out cancer
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.