The position will have a focus on Digital Media Strategies for Business including use of digital and social media platforms, and course development in content marketing/engagement and digital analytics. The position starts on 8/23/2017, renewable on an annual basis. The selected candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate level classes and develop and deliver core courses in the areas of: digital marketing, digital consumer behavior, online advertising, social media, mobile platforms, e-commerce, website and video strategies, content marketing and digital analytics. Courses are designed to be experiential in nature, providing students with hands-on experience in developing strategies and plans, and in creating digital communications assets for outside clients. S/he will serve as an advisor to students in the Digital Media Strategies for Business concentration. Excellent communication skills and a collaborative predisposition are essential. The incumbent will also support faculty collaborations conducted through the Digital Media Center, which drives innovation in the commercial space for purposes of business communications, marketing, branding, advertising and entertainment.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research & scholarship through extramural funding (in disciplines where applicable), high quality publications, impact as measured through citations, performances & exhibits (in disciplines where applicable), national recognition as through honorific awards. In the area of teaching, successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels, development of innovative courses and mentoring of students in research, outreach and professional development. Successful candidates will also be expected to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into instructional methods and research tools; leadership in developing pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
- BFA, BA or BS in business management, marketing, advertising or other appropriate fields. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Demonstrated expertise in the integration of digital marketing channels (websites, social media, video, email, apps) with traditional channels (television, print, and radio) in the marketing of products and services for business.
- Evidence of industry experience in the design, development and implementation of marketing plans for a product or suite of services.
- Experience with multicultural and/or cross-cultural marketing strategies for engaging diverse populations and communities.
- Evidence of hands-on industry experience using digital analytics and data in decision making.
- Evidence of industry experience with Google Analytics (or comparable web analytics tool) and intermediate knowledge of search advertising planning and execution (including SEM/SEO).
- Active user of social media, especially Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- MS, MBA, MFA or MA in business management, marketing, advertising, digital communications or other appropriate fields.
- A record of distinguished teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated professional/commercial experience with innovative digital media strategies for business.
- Familiarity with design principles, branding, graphic design and web design.
- Project management experience or functional knowledge of web/mobile design and development
- Functional knowledge/usage of creative applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere or their equivalents
- The ability to contribute through research, teaching, and/or public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience.
This is a full-time, nine (9)-month, non-tenure track appointment with an expected start date of August 23, 2017. Salary is competitive and based on qualifications and professional experience. The successful candidate's primary academic appointment will be at the UConn Storrs campus; however, faculty may also be asked to teach at one of UConn's regional campuses as part of their ordinary workload.
Select "Apply" and submit the following materials via Academic Jobs Online: a letter of application, complete curriculum vitae, three references, digital portfolio and a statement of teaching philosophy. We will continue to review applications until the position is filled, but to insure full consideration, application materials should be submitted no later than December 16, 2016.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017220)
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.