Associate Creative Director - Content
Location: Modesto, CA, US, 95354
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
Being a talented creative leader who possesses exceptional judgment, you have remarkable collaborative instincts, extraordinary experience and expertise in social/content marketing. You can think big and inspire your team to develop award-winning creative that innovates and disrupts the category throughout all digital and social communication touch-points. You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-pace environment, managing your time well, as well as the team you manage. You have a very clear vision as to how translate strategies into brilliant visual storytelling that achieve our client's business objectives. Setting the bar high, you understand what works in social, what has been done in the past and what is trending today.
As the Content Design Director, you will help shape and drive best-in-class creative by providing strategic thought leadership, guidance and education to the content design team. You will manage and mentor a team of Content Designers who collaborate with other Creative Services teams to ideate, design and produce content that maintains the look and feel of the brand across social media channels. You build and foster collaborative relationships with your clients and act as their trusted advisor by constructively challenging the status quo. Support department performance initiatives by acting as a change agent to your team and to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of the desired business objective.
What You'll Do
- Inspire your team to excel in the discovery of fresh insight and innovation by coaching them through the art and science of the design craft
- Think big and apply that to the wide range of opportunities from individual tactics to campaign ideas to fully integrated, long-standing platforms
- Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges
- Ability to assess and articulate trends and best practices in all aspects of content creation
- Facilitate your team's design and creative development challenges from concept to completion by leaning on your social/content marketing past experience
- Grow the team by using robust development plans, coaching and mentorship, while evolving the vision for the Content Design team
- Assess content design needs, goals and resources
- Deliver engaging and compelling presentations through persuasive storytelling
- Managing costs, outside vendors, consultants and department workflow
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of graphic design, digital/website design, content design or structural design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility -OR- an Associate's degree plus 7 years of graphic design, digital/website design, content design or structural design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility -OR- a high school diploma or GED plus 9 years of graphic design, digital/website design, content design or structural design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Supervisory/management experience
What Will Set You Apart
- 3 years of creative social media content design experience in a corporate or agency environment
- An obsession for social, digital and pop cultures
- A passion to stay current with trends, technology and emerging platforms
- Expertise in social media visual storytelling and platforms.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solver, finding unorthodox solutions to challenges
- Exceptional communication skills with client-facing and team-building wins
- A solid aesthetic sense, attention to detail and an impressive portfolio full of dynamic social and content marketing campaigns
- Wine and Spirits experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
Requisition ID# 18542
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.