- This position will initially be located at our Lincoln, NE or Battle Creek, MI location. Upon completion of training, the identified candidate will be relocated to the newly updated Provo, UT facility in 2018/2019. Relocation assistance is available.
The Associate Designer II supports the material management and selection process for the interior modifications projects under the guidance of the Lead Designer(s). This position works with the design group, sales, marketing, engineering, production and the client to support, create and finalize the refurbishment of aircraft interiors. This position may also be responsible for the complete management of partial and/or soft goods refurbishments.
View 2 job postings at Duncan Aviation
Essential Job Functions
- Provides comprehensive material services and approval support on all interior modification projects.
- Insures material timelines and budgets are completed within the project schedule.
- Coordinates partial interior and/or soft goods only modification projects as needed.
- Maintains the material library and researches new products and their applications to aviation.
- Establishes and builds vendor relationships and coordinates vendor visits.
- Supports sales and marketing groups to promote the modifications business.
- Assist with and develop design standards and best practices.
- Provides a high level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Accepts responsibility and demonstrates initiative, team work and attention to detail. Maintains a professional image consistent with the company's mission, values and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional multiple night and/or international travel
- Physical: Repetitive motion; reads small print; identifies colors; tolerates products and materials associated with aircraft interior and exterior completions and finish; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency with various software packages including Corel Draw, AutoCad and Microsoft Office required
- Five years of design related experience and three years direct aviation interior design preferred
- Familiar with FAA approval procedures
Please submit your application and resume at our career site: http://duncanaviation.aero/careers/
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.