The Communication Design Manager leads the Communication Design team in defining and executing inspiring graphic and visual communications solutions. S/he is responsible for building and leading a world class team, driving excellence inside the discipline, and for coordinating activities that promote TEAGUE's cross-discipline offering. More specifically, the Communication Design Manager is an inspiring leader and manager, ensuring content of the highest quality in our design concepts and creative deliverables, driving profitability of the team, and presenting TEAGUE as a leader in design. The role acts as a mentor and coach, and defines a career path for team members that will support career growth and development. In collaboration with Program Management, Creative Direction, Project Management and other Design Managers, the Communication Design Manager will ensure that the client's business objectives are met on time, on budget and with a highest level of quality.
Why We Need This Position
Creativity is all well and good, but to achieve the kind of thoughtful, targeted innovations that has kept TEAGUE at the forefront of the industry for decades requires expert guidance, dynamic thought leadership and superlative collaborative and communication skills. Harnessing TEAGUE's creative talent and steering it so that it perfectly aligns with our clients' specific needs is the key to meeting-or better yet, exceeding-their expectations. That's where you come in.
Who We're Looking For
A big-picture visionary who thrills at the prospect of leading creative teams to find innovative solutions for clients-and someone with the tactical ability to work side by side with those teams to make those solutions a reality. First off, you are a dynamic leader who is ready to represent communication design within the company and ensure that the team's culture, processes and work style align with TEAGUE's strategic goals; you're constantly on the lookout for new ways to evolve and elevate this function and prepared to evangelize its value within the company at all times. Second, you'll serve as a key client liaison, working closely with clients to support new business opportunities; and provide thought leadership on tactical and strategic projects to nurture and cement those relationships. This means actively participating in the scoping and framing of new project opportunities and continually developing TEAGUE's role as a trusted advisor. Third, you're comfortable in the role of project manager, handling the nuts and bolts of seeing a project through its various stages: maintaining and updating project resourcing and budget tracking for your team; creating design deliverables with other teams; managing project milestones and ensuring that budget, schedule, deliverables and quality expectations are being met; resolving budget issues; and mentoring your team in the work of framing complex problems, distilling insights, and synthesizing results. Fourth, you're a gifted mentor capable of developing the skills of employees; managing conflict between team members; and creatively solving resource challenges. You know how to work effectively with others to organize competing priorities and balance resource loading. You are capable of managing mid-term and long-term staffing needs, developing a hiring plan and staff training plans, and conducting performance reviews. On an operations level, you're constantly looking for ways to improve systems, processes and policies; supporting best management practices, organizational planning and accountability. In short, this is a big, bold position for a dynamic and diplomatic person who's passionate about design and loves the prospect of working closely with other creative types to shape the future of aviation.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's Degree in a design-related field from an accredited school, with a strong appreciation and understanding of physical product design and design solutions; 5+ years' related experience in graphic design, packaging design, corporate identities and/or visual communications with 3-5+ years of management experience in a corporate and/or consulting environment; 5+ years related work experience with print production and color management technology; experience providing long-term planning as well as oversight of day-to-day operations; distinguished credentials in the airline and related industries; a recognized leader, thinker and builder who inspire others; must have an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds; strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to manage conflict and inspire others to follow the vision
- Special skills: extensive knowledge of brand and typography; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong negotiation skills - both internally and client focused; able to communicate complex, technical information to audiences that do not have a deep technology orientation, as well as ones that do; demonstrated client management skills
- Passion: serving as an ambassador for the role of communication design
- Role: guiding a wide array of creative teams to work together effectively to drive innovation and meet client expectations.
- Personality: visionary, inspiring, collaborative, decisive, diplomatic
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mnn669md6d
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.