About the Position
We're looking for an amazing Copywriter, ideally with integrated agency experience, who has a passion for online and understands how to open up a dialogue between the consumer and the brand. You need to be a well-rounded writer with the passion to help us shape and define our brand voice, and be able to apply it to all of our brand-building efforts. You'll work closely with our marketing team to help us weave our story across all of our communications. You should have at least 5 years of experience and be a self-starter who thrives in our collaborative and results-oriented startup environment. You'll have a big impact on our growth, and throwing tennis balls to our office dog, Bogey, in the middle of a meeting will become second nature.
What you'll do:
- Help us shape our brand strategy, brand voice, and copy guidelines for student and tutor facing products (website and apps) and marketing messaging, ensuring we have a clearly articulated positioning.
- Get inside the heads of our students and tutors to deliver compelling copy for marketing programs and initiatives that achieve our acquisition, engagement, and retention goals.
- You'll write advertising (print, digital, and scripts for broadcast/video), email, blog, and other content for our acquisition and retention teams, and support our social media, PR and content teams.
- In-product copy for marketing programs, ensuring the copy written by our product teams follows our brand guidelines, and supporting the product team as needed.
- And the list goes on Consider this the catchall bullet. You'll be writing and editing a wide range of materials -- many that aren't included above.
- You'll be developing copy from scratch, editing other people's writing, and weaving together key messages to create a final, finished piece.
- Work collaboratively with our UX/ Product teams to refresh the copy on our products.
- Conduct ongoing copy testing to ensure our messaging achieves our goals.
- Balance SEO knowledge and priorities with brand and messaging priorities.
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibility for copywriting and defining copy strategy and voice for consumer products and services.
- An undergraduate degree in English or journalism with a strong understanding of grammar and sentence structure rules.
- The ability to leverage customer insights to develop compelling messaging. As comfortable crafting the 5 word headline as you are a riveting email.
- Experience testing and optimizing copy, and are eager to see results. You must be energized by our results-oriented environment.
- The ability to take ownership of copy briefs and have a keen eye for details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A desire to learn about SEO and how site and content copy influences site traffic.
- A team-first mentality. We're a startup and a lean team - so you must have a willingness to pitch in wherever and whenever you're needed.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and Wordpress or be willing and able to quickly learn the basics so you can change copy as needed for our materials both online and off. (You won't have to change anything other than copy).
- The ability to think and write creatively and quickly.
*Please include a link to samples of your writing in your application
If you love building brands, believe in the power of personalized learning and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a startup environment where you will do something that really matters, this could be the role for you.
We believe that 1-on1 learning is the most powerful way to unlock "I get it" moments-when eyes light up, possibilities unfold, and confidence is born. With an extensive selection of tutors listed, WyzAnt helps more students, in more places, than anyone else. Our team works hard to make personalized learning accessible and affordable, in person and online. That's why we're looking for great minds to join us.
Please apply directly through our site: http://wyzanttutoring.theresumator.com/apply/p7ujXH/Copywriter
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.