What's this job all about?
As copywriter at Slice, you'll execute our brand voice and content across all channels, from emails, display ads, and brand campaigns, to in product UX copy. You'll be a key player in creative concepting, collaborating with our team of in-house marketers, designers, and product team. You have a smart, sharp sense of humor, an intuitive sense for language, and can write a snappy, high-performing headline in your sleep. You know how to write for an audience and understand how to execute against goals for a brand.
The essential ingredients
- 3+ years experience writing creative copy for a consumer audience, either in-house or in a marketing agency, preferably for a tech brand
- A proven history of high-performing, engaging copy executions, primarily short form
- Experience in executing and refining a brand voice-brand style guide development a plus
- A self-starter who can take the ball and run with it, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong team orientation and proven collaboration skills
- BA/MA in a related area of study e.g. creative writing, communications, journalism etc.
- A strong commitment to teamwork. Period.
Do you have the secret sauce?
We're a startup, so being self-motivated, fast, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog.
What is Slice?
Slice is the easiest way to order authentic local pizza. We serve the $40 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with technology that grows their business and helps them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a local pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to profitability while building a network of more than 6,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, the founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity and has built an amazing team of operators, technologists, and investors. We're making major strides this year and we'd love to have you on the Slice team!
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food - it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture, and we created Slice to connect those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza.
We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food: It turns everyday moments into memories and brings together friends, families, and communities. And when you order pizza from a place in your neighborhood, you support a local business. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza and live your best slice life.
Apply via greenhouse: http://slicelife.com/jobs?gh_jid=479604
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.