The Creative Director designs and leads the conceptualization and design/development of interactive, print, and video projects, including integrated campaigns, websites, microsites, social media, print, advertising, OOH, web video, and digital communications, among others. As a member of multiple project teams, the creative director contributes creative concepts, proposes deliverables, provides guidance and expertise to team members, and supports the advancement of creative services internally and with clients.
- Lead or direct creative projects-from branding to advertising to philanthropic and enrollment marketing - in support of communication goals
- Lead and manage multiple creative projects simultaneously, from concept through completion.
- Monitor progress of projects through all phases of creative development; ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Troubleshoot creative problems for any client and serve as a resource throughout the agency
- Stay abreast of industry-related trends and technologies; remain up-to-date on current events, social, political and cultural issues and share knowledge and innovative ideas
- Lead internal and client meetings for development and presentation of creative work, with frequent and direct client contact
- Leads and helps shape marketing efforts that center around creative opportunities; help shape new business proposals, pitches and work plans
- Participate in reviewing budget parameters at beginning of projects to help team determine what's possible within allocated budget
- Boost quality of creative within LH. Help oversee and vet creative work, as well as quality and approaches of creative staff assigned on account teams
- Lead creative critique and reviews for own creative teams and willingly participate in creative reviews of others' work, as well; offer specific suggestions for improvement or shift in direction and guide the development through completion
- Leverage design proficiency to enhance project's overall creative excellence
- Share unique skill sets among team to mentor individual staff development and growth. Provide effective career guidance and development to creative staff
- Evaluate creative staff, reviewing compensation and making decisions about staffing; help source and screen new applicants
- Provide guidance to staff on writing and/or design, organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments, presentation skills, client meetings, etc.
- Support and adhere to LH's business practices and operational requirements including submission of weekly timesheets, expense reports; has or builds familiarity with Workamajig (agency management software) and billing.
View 2 job postings at Lipman Hearne, Inc
- 7+ years of progressively responsible creative leadership in marketing or advertising experience, preferably in agency environment
- Bachelor's degree in Design, or related field
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills with ability to lead a discovery session with a client, present concepts and tell the story of how the concept meets the client's objective
- Exceptional typography, composition, color-theory and design skills and well as copywriting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle projects simultaneously in a fast paced working environment.
- Solid experience creating Web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, color schemes, templates and layouts for use in online advertising and web site projects, ensuring site-wide color and typeface standards and consistency.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Hands-on video production experience is a plus
- A commitment to high quality work and positive and productive relationships with clients, and team members
- Demonstrated ability to lead, convince and inspire cross functional teams to deliver top performance against assigned projects
- Ability to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Travel as required (25 -30%)
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.