The Creative Director is directly responsible for executing the brand strategy and integrated marketing efforts throughout Destination DC's advertising, video, photography, publications, marketing collateral, graphic design, website (washington.org), digital marketing and social media as required by Destination DC to reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for the nation's capital. The Marketing Services team acts as an "internal agency" to deliver services to the entire organization. Positions reporting to the Creative Director include the Lead Graphic Designer, Graphic Designer and interns as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(include the following, but are not limited to)
- Lead the Creative Team to deliver industry-leading performance in all areas of marketing, while creating consistent and complementary branding across all Destination DC platforms. Participate as a member of senior staff and leader on the Marketing and Communications team.
- Oversee, develop and prioritize execution of marketing services (big picture) including advertising, video, photography, marketing collateral, evites, presentations, eNewsletters and publications while instituting a consistent and cohesive design (details) across all marketing platforms.
- Develop and implement departmental processes and procedures to streamline and optimize operations while improving customer service and satisfaction of deliverables with the goal of meeting deadlines consistently. Work with the Marketing and Creative Coordinator to develop the strategy, construct timelines and engage other DDC departments regularly to help meet their creative needs.
- Work with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Sr. Manager of Marketing to support the Agency of Record (AOR) and inform media buying opportunities to showcase the Destination DC brand, develop creative advertising concepts, as well as apply research from surveys and/or focus groups into marketing creative and other initiatives.
- Support Graphic Designers in applying brand strategy to all marketing creative and work to develop/expand the strategy to reflect current trends and techniques.
- Support Production Manager in managing marketing services projects for the entire organization. Work with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Production Manager to ensure timely fulfillment of marketing services projects.
- Develop innovative ways to showcase the President and CEO of Destination DC in marketing creative as appropriate.
- Work with senior staff to develop cross departmental engagement, developing proactive approaches to cooperative programs to include DDC partners.
- Work with the Convention Sales and Services team to help develop and support marketing collateral for their sales efforts including with meeting planners, events and conventions.
- Expand the brand appeal to international clients and consumers and work with the Tourism team to develop strategies to support their international sales efforts.
- Create a strategy to develop and maintain relevant photography and video to showcase the destination to leisure and business audiences, domestic and international. Work with the Marketing and Creative Coordinator and outside production support as needed to produce the images and video.
- Apply marketing research and statistics related to consumer engagement on multiple platforms to assist Vice President of Marketing and Communications in developing creative strategies.
- Oversee the brand strategy in Destination DC publications, guides, collateral and advertising, presentations, conforming to brand guidelines and support the Director of Communications to manage the content for publications, guides, collateral and presentations.
- Monitor best practices in the areas of branding, advertising, marketing, online marketing and research;
- Develop creative that meets overall budget expenditures as well as individual project estimates.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned by Vice President of Marketing & Communications and/or President/CEO.
Experience, Competencies & Education
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in marketing or relevant field;
- Four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, business administration or relevant field; Masters degree preferred;
- Proven experience as team-builder and organization leader;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and web analytics preferred;
- Excellent oral and written skills, attention to detail, proven experience to consistently deliver high level of customer service;
- Photography, videography and editing expertise a plus;
- Hospitality or arts and cultural experience a plus;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
Accountabilities & Measures
- Periodic performance evaluations gauging qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.