Creative Director, Spirits
Location: Modesto, CA, US, 95354
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs-Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
You are a talented creative leader who possesses exceptional judgment, has remarkable collaborative instincts, extraordinary experience and expertise in the Spirits category. You understand industry standards when it comes to Spirits communication and design and challenge yourself and others to think outside the box. You have a very clear vision as to how translate strategies into brilliant concepts and design executions. Setting the bar high, you understand what works in the spirits space, what has been done in the past and what is trending today. You have strong communication skills, both with your team and your clients.
As the Creative Director of Spirits, you will help shape and drive best-in-class creative by providing strategic thought leadership, guidance and education to the Spirits design team. Think big and inspire your team to develop award-winning creative that innovates and disrupts the category throughout all brand and communication touch-points. Facilitate strategy and brainstorming sessions to solve creative challenges and then sell those ideas to clients, as well as collaborate with internal stakeholders, vendors and cross-functional partners to shape both new and existing brands. Build and foster collaborative relationships with your clients and act as their trusted advisor by constructively challenging the status quo. Support department performance initiatives by acting as a change agent to your team and to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of the desired business objective.
What You'll Do
- Inspire your team to excel in the discovery of fresh insight and innovation by coaching them through the art and science of the design craft
- Think big and apply that to the wide range of opportunities from individual tactics to campaign ideas to fully integrated, long-standing platforms
- Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit
- Facilitating your team's design and creative development challenges from concept to completion by leaning on your spirits industry past experience
- Grow the Spirits design team by strong development plans, coaching and mentorship
- Strong communication is the key that drives your understanding of the brand(s) needs
- Brand Marketing is a client you treat like a partner by fostering a trusted advisor relationship and challenging the status quo
- Deliver engaging and compelling presentations through persuasive storytelling
- Managing costs, outside vendors, consultants and department workflow
What You Need
- Supervisory/management experience
- Master's Degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 6 years of graphic design, communications, or advertising experience to include package design experience reflecting increasing levels or responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's Degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 8 years of graphic design, communications, or advertising experience to include package design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Associate's degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 9 years of graphic design, communications, or advertising experience to include package design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- 12 years of graphic design, adverting, or communications experience to include package design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Wine, distilled spirits, beer, beverage, or luxury goods package design experience.
- Skilled in the use of the Apple Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop at an intermediate level.
- Expert in developing and defining design strategy; refining designs from creation through development and implementation.
What Will Set You Apart
- 2 years of spirits design experience that includes shopper/in-store communication at an external or in-house agency
- 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- Expertise in spirits category work including, on premise, retail and packaging
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solver, finding unorthodox solutions to challenges
- Exceptional communication skills with client-facing and team-building wins
- Impressive designer acumen and a portfolio full of dynamic packaging and communication platforms for Spirits
- Solid command of presentation and writing skills
- Able to thoughtfully articulate your position on creative decisions
- Understanding of the challenges behind Spirits on and off premise merchandising
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.