OppenheimerFunds has been an industry pioneer throughout our 60-year history and when it comes to our digital experiences there is no exception. You will be part of an award winning UX team that has truly raised the industry bar regarding the quality of in-house design and development.
Now is an exciting time for a very unique individual who has a strong passion for both front-end development and UX/creative design. Driving innovation is what you do and we're looking for someone to help us continue the momentum supporting our four new responsive websites, several interactive data visualization features, as well as an industry-first iOS tablet app.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Front-End Development (50% of time) You're role will be to work closely with editorial, marketing, and product owners to brainstorm new digital concepts, spin up quick interactive prototypes as well as write clean production ready front-end code utilizing the most up to date JS libraries, CSS3 and HTML5 techniques. You will also be responsible for supporting our API driven pattern library ensuring new interactive code elements are added and kept up to date.
UX/Visual Design (50% of time) When you are not tinkering with new interactive code ideas we need you to provide solid UX and visual design solutions that meet our best-in-class standards. You will be tasked with turning business objectives/requirements into concepts, prototypes and final designs.
- 5+ years of web design and front-end development experience with a portfolio showcasing both design and development examples.
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Foundation.
- Proven ability in developing concepts, building rapid prototypes, researching and implementing creative technology solutions.
- You have a natural eye for great design aesthetics, typography, layout, spacing etc.
- Strong interest in data visualization and knowledge of JS libraries; JQuery, Highcharts, D3 etc..
- Strong knowledge of iOS design standards and limitations.
- Experience with Sketch or Photoshop.
- Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), especially focused on articulating ideas and design strategies.
- Be a passionate advocate for the user, approach projects with user-centered design (UCD), Lean UX methodologies in the execution of creative problem solving.
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.