This role is a blend of marketing strategy, statistics, analytics and customer experience. The Manager Root Cause Analysis is an integral part of the Digital Ops Targeting & Analytics team. You will be responsible for creating business insights and making targeted recommendations in order to optimize the marketing budget and drive sales. This role will work closely with personalization, creative, media, segmentation, customer insights and customer experience teams to ensure marketing decisions are based on data insights to maximized ROI. The candidate will play a critical role ensuring a test/learn approach is consistently executed across the marketing mix. The perfect candidate will have experience working with large data sets and experience in data-driven decision making and storytelling. You will need to be a true business partner to the organization, and possess the ability to work cross functionally to develop marketing efforts and turn insights into impactful strategic business actions.
Specifically this role will:
- Deliver concise, compelling, data & insight driven business recommendations to senior leaders on where and how modified business decisions could lead to improved business performance
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our visitors interact with our website
- Understand root causes of changes in metrics
- Understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify new levers to help move key metrics
- Influence teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicate state of business, experiment results, etc to teams
- Partner with IT, Personalization, GTM and Optimization teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence and drive personalization decisions and product launches
- Partner with technical and non-technical resources across the business to promote the efficient execution of projects
- Ensure programs are executed with data-driven philosophy and post execution measurements are in place
- Support the VP and Director on Senior Management engagement and critical business needs
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods or equivalent experience
- Six or more years of relevant experience in analytics, measurements, business intelligence, or media research
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, data visualization tools and SiteCatalyst required
- Experience with Teradata, Experian data, Astor, and testing tools (Monetate, Test & Target), Ensighten. Hadoop and Hive experience is a plus
- Omni channel and attribution metrics knowledge
- Three or more years in telecommunications or wireless industry preferred
- Excellent general business analytical skills able to quickly synthesize data at micro- and macro-level to produce concise interpretation
- Experience with both structured and unstructured data and analytics. Capable of reducing large multi-dimensional data sets into more manageable, insightful, and interpretable data
- Knowledge of attribution, econometrics and programmatic models techniques
- Measurement analytics, quantitative business measures (LTV, NPV,ROI, Churn, etc.), statistics
- Experience on statistical techniques relevant to market research (e.g., sampling, clustering) highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to straddle between strategy and execution as needed
- Expert understanding of how to use marketing tactics to drive sales and loyalty
- Successful experience working cross-functionally
- Proven success developing business, marketing planning/analysis, opportunity identification and optimizing marketing investment
* **Leadership Skills**
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Strong understanding of how marketing investment management supports a large organization including ability to successfully articulate the linkage between business decisions, business objectives, and analytical approaches & findings.
- Displays enthusiasm for delivering high impact projects and service to clients
- Works effectively across organization boundaries
- Focuses on delivering results accurately and timely by overcoming obstacles and developing tools to improve efficiencies
- Able to make trade-offs to deliver effective solutions to business partners in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates a highly consultative approach with business partners
- Highly professional with high ethics and standards
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America's fastest and most reliable network. We're also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.