The BMF design team crafts delightful and strategic events that grow consumer awareness of and loyalty to brands. We are a close-knit team guided by an iterative design process and a desire to create never before seen experiences.
We are looking for an experiential design director with five to seven years who has a depth of experience designing events and transforming spaces. In addition, this person much have at least three years of experience leading a team being responsible for day-to-day oversight and management as well as guiding the team to bring event concept to life through all phases of the projects.
The ideal candidate has experience working with high profile, innovative companies. A background in scenic/interior design or other spatial design fields is helpful but not necessary. Experience managing teams. Must be a task-master who follows through on every details.
- Work closely with creative director to develop and execute the creative vision.
- Handle day-to-day management of design team including scheduling, staffing, and coordination with production and account management teams.
- Lead multiple projects and designers simultaneously with ease and organization.
- Manage group and liaise with other internal and external teams.
- Conceptualize event ideas through participation in brainstorms and on own as well as lead team in this process.
- Adhere to oversight of budget.
- Supervise production of graphic deliverables.
- Oversee the designers' portion of the fabrication process, including oversights of material and color choices, technical drawings and overall direction, through final installation at events.
- Design lead of big projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLLS, ABILITIES AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Five to seven years of experience in event design space; 3 as team lead, managing a team.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other 3D program, Microsoft Office.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills.
- Deep knowledge of print and fabrication production.
- Proficient in working with complex and detailed budget.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable leading clients in design decisions.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization.
- Comfortable working in fluid environments.
Email email@example.com Please respond with a link to portfolio
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.