We are a pretty busy shop these days at Modern Tribe. We're always looking to meet more HIGHLY DETAIL ORIENTED digital designers to join our team. We'll either have a project that needs your help directly or, we'd like to have the chance to get to know you and your work for future opportunities that come up.
We're looking for people that enjoy visual, interactive and UX/UI design. You recognize that business objectives and user objectives trump personal preferences. You've got a passion for typography, grid systems, and recognize that words are design tool. You know that any thing you design works as part of a larger system.
Above and beyond your individual talents, we're looking for someone to join our team. We're a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you're excited about learning from others, and helping others - you'll find a good home here.
For this role specifically, you should have a strong background in design and a portfolio full of work you're proud of.
- Execute design thinking tactics - write user profiles and flows
- Transition strategic work into wireframe and UX guides for a wide variety of experiences
- Integrate stringent brand guidelines to create a rich look and feel
- Take UI screens to PSD, give them a personality and polish them to a shine. Get the gutters, corners, colors, fonts consistent and clean
- Make sure that design elements are used correctly across an entire system
- Work with the development team to realize designs, conduct design QA, and aid in interaction design
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER: This means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a proportion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.
After you've read the gig listing in full, fill out the form below to apply. Make sure to include ALL of this requested information, or your application risks not being processed:
- A link to your LinkedIn or resume
- A link to your portfolio or a list of sites / apps you have designed
- Your favorite color (that way we know you read this)
- Answers to the following questions:
- What hourly rate are you looking for?
- Are you currently a full time W2 employee?
- Are you currently a full time freelancer?
- What was the coolest design project you worked on over the past year? What made it so awesome?
- What is your availability?
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to reply to or consider applications or gig inquiries sent through email or LinkedIn.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.