- The successful candidate must champion product cost structure for mobile products such as Smartphone's, tablets, wearable's, etc. by gathering, analyzing and estimating product bill of materials (BOM) and overall product cost.
- The candidate will be responsible for locating or generating cost data, and do performance analyses to identify the best return on investment for the company.
- The candidate will recommend any changes to improve the company's negotiation strategy, create cost savings opportunities and improve device business cases.
- The role will involve, competitive benchmarking and value engineering by working with ODM's to improve cost structure.
- The successful candidate will gather or generate information from external resources or internally developed models to generate an approximate bill of material cost for proposed devices.
- Using other internal data, the candidate will develop a business case for each product and analyze the business case to identify areas of concern or improvement.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining any and all internal cost models.
- Maintain relationships with Market research organizations to gather data on tear down and cost bench markings.
- Costing of Verizon branded devices developed with the help of ODM's.
- Evaluate cost structure of new category of devices.
- Interface with various HW component suppliers to learn industry trends and cost structures.
- The candidate shall have a Bachelor of Science in an engineering field of study (electrical or mechanical preferred).
- The candidate shall have proven experience developing cost related algorithms.
- The candidate shall have a minimum of 5 years working in the mobile cellular industry and 5 years working in competitive benchmarking, analysis and/or reverse engineering.
- The candidate shall have a working knowledge of all components typically found in Smartphone's, tablets, wearable's, etc.
- The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office products like Word and PowerPoint and must be an advanced user of Excel.
- The candidate shall also have good verbal and written skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.