We are seeking a Manager to join the Device Marketing Portfolio team to drive the development of our device portfolio strategy based on competitive analysis, consumer behavior, OEM capability analysis, pricing trends, market size, and product design trends. The Portfolio Planning team in Verizon Wireless' Device Marketing Organization plans, manages, and executes on the device portfolio for Verizon Wireless's device portfolio - including in channels such as online, indirect, retail, and enterprise. The team manages and plans Verizon Wireless's product lineup - including strategic planning, communicating key selling points and value prop, making key decisions as to which products to bring to market, and engaging in commercial negotiation.
This position is highly visible and the incumbent must be able to deliver and communicate on changing priorities to the senior leadership team. This individual must be comfortable with informing and influencing executive thinking and ultimately setting a direction for portfolio planning & decisions. The incumbent must be able to quickly gather and analyze relevant data, develop reasonable/defensible assumptions in the absence of perfect information, use existing/create new models and frameworks to evaluate opportunities and develop effective exec level communications of such strategies. This is an exciting position on the leading edge of device designs, technologies, features, functionalities in an intense, challenging, fast paced environment!
Product Roadmap Definition: Defining product roadmap direction based on market analysis, financial analysis, established strategic priorities industry expertise.
Executive Interface: Provide on-demand executive-level analyses and strategic recommendations.
Financial Analysis: Identify and provide on-target markets and strategic opportunities.
Product Positioning: Define which products to select in winning portfolio, select proposals, and drive commercial negotiations.
OEM Relationship Management: Guide and influence OEMs to define and deliver innovative products with unparalleled designs, cutting edge features and functionalities
- A Bachelor's degree or six or more years of equivalent experience is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience at a top tier telecom / tech sector firm or OEM.
- Experience in Wireless Product Strategy/Planning at a leading technology company.
- Product Management experience in defining, developing and launching wireless products preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Wireless, Internet, PC, Software and Consumer Electronics industries
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to build market sizing models and business cases
- Demonstrated ability to utilize highly structured thinking to develop approaches to complex problems
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work.
- Excellent time management, organizational and team work. Able to set priorities effectively.
- Proven self-starter and collaborator.
- Senior executive staff supports experience.
- Expert on Executive deck creation, delivery and meeting planning logistics.
- Project Management experience, including experience with cross-functional and/or cross-area projects.
- Strong, thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including Power Point, Word, Outlook and Excel, or other document preparation/project management tools and some data management rograms like Access
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.