At VinePair, drinking is culture. We're a group of people obsessed with experiences centered around drinking and connecting them to everything else in our lives from news, to politics, to arts, to sports and culture. Our content fuels the conversations you have over a drink. We're a passionate and committed team that uses our expertise and unique voice to create content that resonates.
VinePair is seeking a full-time graphic designer / photo editor to oversee all of our photography, and graphic design. From article photography and visualizations to distributed visual content, you'll take ownership of our brand's look and feel. We're looking for an ambitious and talented designer to join our fast growing team. This position will receive equity. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Some of your duties include:
- Working with writers and editors to make sure every article published features great, on-brand graphics, headers and social assets
- Producing the majority of the infographics, maps, and other data visualizations that we publish 2 to 3 times per week
- Shooting, editing and prepping photography and videography for in-house and client projects
- Creating assets for all social media platforms where we distribute our content
- 1+ years of experience in digital design, preferably at a digital media outlet
- Proficient with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign. Experience with Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects is a strong plus
- Experienced and comfortable in producing photography. Videography experience (or a willingness to learn) is a plus.
- Experience with CMS platforms, specifically WordPress
- A passion for culture, dining, nightlife and entertaining
- Firm belief in the distinct difference between writing about drinking in a thought provoking way, and covering drinking in a way that is disrespectful and celebrates overindulgence
- A familiarity with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Ability to take the perspective of others
- A sense of humor
- Must be able to work full-time in our New York City offices (Manhattan).
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @vinepair.com Apply by sending us your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and references.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.