Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our direct-to-consumer weight loss and exercise tracking mobile applications have reached more than 40 million users worldwide. Leveraging the success of our ground-breaking health and fitness programs, we have developed a behavior change platform to treat chronic and pre-chronic conditions, beginning with the CDC's Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). On the first day the CDC began recognizing mobile and online DPP providers, we were there. Since then, we've expanded our curricula across the acuity spectrum and now feature programs for pre-hypertension, hypertension and diabetes management, in addition to our flagship weight loss programs.
In terms of product, Noom has experienced over 40 million downloads with almost no marketing dollars dedicated to user acquisition. Our flagship weight-loss app has been the top grossing app in the Google Play Store, and beyond U.S. borders it has been the #1 weight loss application in South Korea, Japan and Germany.
View 2 job postings at Noom, Inc.
Noom has built the foundation of a high performance culture, and we were voted one of the best places to work in New York City by Crain's New York in 2013. To take advantage of these positive market conditions and dynamics for wellness and weight, we are aggressively pursuing growth and revenue expansion. To reach our vision, we are seeking an Director of Digital Marketing to lead our growth efforts for some of our newer B2C app offerings in chronic disease management, including Diabetes and Healthy Weight Management... and that's where you come in.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the co-founder, this individual will be tasked with demand generation and marketing funnel optimization. Using inbound marketing tactics such as search engine marketing/optimization, social media, landing page conversion testing, online advertising, and email marketing, you will grow our database and overall company revenues.
This cross-functional role is tailor made for a results-driven, analytical and creatively-minded problem solver. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, prioritize and implement high-scale paid acquisition marketing strategies in the US and assist efforts globally. Channels are likely to include: display and social advertising, paid search, and custom media partnerships.
- Create media strategy via robust testing of partners and networks, and determine optimal calls to action in each channel
- Develop test plan that will allow us to quickly and profitable scale channels
- Expand remarketing/retargeting and prospecting display advertising with efficient targeting, personalization and creative
- Help to draft and polish creative executions
- Lead the creative development process for acquisition creative -- creating concepts and draft copy that's on-brand for landing pages to SEM copy, Facebook ads, and email offers.
- Develop, prioritize and implement high-scale SEO strategies in the US and share applicable learnings globally. Manage day-to-day operations of the SEO channel -- including opportunity discovery, requirement drafting, keyword research, campaign creation & optimization, measurement and channel reporting.
- Work closely with the co-founder to translate key insights into broader marketing strategy
- providing the team with clear-eyed analysis and reporting on all acquisition efforts
- Proactively forecast and report successes, inconsistencies and underperformance with a high degree of urgency to the team.
- Create pro-forma P&L evaluations of marketing opportunities and partnerships.
- Define cross channel attribution approach for both impression and click exposures.
- Set testing design, KPIs and report on success
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will be a seasoned B2C acquisition marketer with 3+ years of experience. Specifically:
- Hard-charging mentality. The word "no" is not the ultimate answer, it's a temporary obstacle.
- Obsession with the mobile space. You love apps and can rattle off a list of game-changers.
- 3-7 years of B2C acquisition marketing experience running multi-channel online acquisition campaigns with a focus on driving down CPA and/or conversion rate optimization.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or another business-focused discipline. Computer science background a major plus.
- Outstanding written, presentation and verbal communications skills with proven ability to make numbers tell a story and drive strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in display advertising, online marketing, affiliate marketing and/or mobile marketing.
- Previous management experience (with external marketing vendors and/or in-house staff) and a hunger to develop as an effective manager.
- Ability to identify key growth opportunities and make vital decisions based on analytical insights and professional experiences.
- Outstanding reporting capabilities: ability to demonstrate business success via written reports, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint decks and other formats.
- Excel and SQL wizardry. Knowledge of R a major plus.
- Familiarity with product/task management software (Asana).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A winning attitude that complements the driven-yet-balanced demeanor of our marketing team.