The Digital Marketing Manager of Acquisition will manage a team that develops, recommends, and executes acquisition marketing programs and campaigns to drive sales, brand perception and overall customer interaction across a variety of touch points within a multi-channel environment. This position will drive acquisition marketing campaigns for Columbia Sportswear, SOREL and Mountain Hardwear.
Requires close collaboration with development, site marketing, merchandising, and brand marketing teams. This position reports to the Ecommerce Marketing Director.
Duties are performed independently and through a team that the position manages with minimal supervision and may consult with higher level professionals on unusual matters. Contributes to complex projects and carries out assignments independently. Solves moderately complex problems, and develops creative solutions based on the evaluation of multiple options. Impact is defined by the ability to influence decisions through expertise. Errors in judgment or work performance could result in insufficient profitability for retailers and Columbia Sportswear. Errors in judgment directly affect sales and relationships with consumers.
This person will be placed within the ecommerce marketing group as a manager of a team. The structure is set up as a shared service team requiring numerous internal "clients" to manage alongside our key external vendors. Key clients include retail teams, brand member, social marketing and merchandise teams.
- Manage a team that is responsible for acquisition marketing programs, focusing on the U.S. websites while also looking at the business with an omni-channel strategy.
- Develop, manage and implement effective marketing strategies including all acquisition programs for Columbia's suite of brands. Assure the acquisition programs align with the overall digital marketing strategy for Columbia by working closely with the Ecommerce Marketing Director
- Data feed management through 3rd party vendors or direct from an ecommerce platform.
- Responsible for growing digital sales by developing and executing search marketing, affiliate marketing, and data-feed optimization strategies to power advertising on third party sites.
- Lead the strategic vision and plan for the acquisition channels across Columbia's brands
- Responsible for the P&L of the acquisition channels, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Develops and optimizes strategies to ensure strong quality scores, positioning, and efficient cost per sales ratios across all search, display and comparison shopping engines.
- Prepare analysis and report results across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for ongoing analysis and quarterly reports of key performance indicators
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with colleagues in branding, creative, copywriting, web design, development/IT and analytics
- Supervise on-boarding and day-to-day relationships with multiple third party vendors, including contract negotiation and budgeting processes.
- Support Retail group with dedicated event and store promotions as applicable to the acquisition programs
- Position supervises a team of digital marketing acquisition professionals.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively integrate with key stakeholders across the company and various business units.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, while at the same time developing practical and specific tactics that produces results
- Strong background in agency or vendor management
- Current knowledge of digital/acquisition marketing best practices and industry best practices
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with attribution analysis as its applied to acquisition and digital marketing programs
- Able to effectively interact with cross functional teams
- A knowledge & passion for commerce/shopping trends and delivering a best-in-class user experience to our consumers. This position will serve as the voice of the consumer across various groups.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance required
- Combination of relevant experience and education may substitute in lieu of degree
- 6 - 8 years developing and executing digital marketing programs, specifically within paid search and related acquisition programs for a multi-channel retail environment, apparel industry experience required
- 3 - 5 years management experience of marketing teams
- Proven track-record, individually and by managing teams, of developing and growing profitable online marketing programs including paid search, display, affiliate, and SEO marketing
- Experience with search marketing vendors and tools required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, ecommerce solutions and analytics tools.
- Specific experience with MS Excel, Google Analytics, and Omniture is desired. Basic HTML skills a plus.
- Must be analytical, and comfortable working with data
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.
- Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion.
- Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Work is performed in an office environment.
- The ability to sit for extended periods and to bend, kneel, and stoop. Ability to operate telephones and computer hardware and software, including keyboard and 10-key. Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Exposure to a computer monitor.
If you're the type of person that likes to work hard, play hard and do it as part of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you! We make products that stand the test of time, and we want you to do that with us!
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.