Avex Designs is looking for awesome Web Designers and Full-stack Developers to join our team in NYC for (really cool) on-going projects.
This position will be on a freelance,per-project basis and we are looking to develop a long-term, working relationship.
Freelancers can work remotely, (home, office, etc..) but will be required to work from our offices on occasion. Primarily during kick-off, pre-launch or on high priority projects.
We're a small team that creates digital experiences for fashion brands, startups and technology companies. Our projects usually include one or more of the following: UX/UI Design, Content Management Systems, Responsive Design, e-Commerce and Digital Marketing.
Clients include: KITH, Pony, Starter, HBO, Cantor Fitzgerald, Iconix, Sony and more.
Our office is located in the SoHo WeWork building in New York, NY, and is a great place to collaborate, meet creative people and have some fun.
- Front-end development
- Responsive design
- Custom WordPress theme development
- Convert Sketch files to working websites
- Collaborate with our designer / creative director / CTO
- Content migration
- Consult on best practices and technique
- Write SEO friendly, valid and semantic markup
- Customize the heck out of WordPress (ACFs, CPTs etc etc)..
- School us on new trends in web development
- Expert knowledge of WordPress / HTML / CSS / PHP / JS
- Expert knowledge of responsive design
- Experience with MySQL, Hosting, Databases PHP MyAdmin
- Knowledge of design programs (Adobe, Sketch etc)
- Experience working with a team
- Must be based in tri-state area (preferably NYC)
Pluses (it'll help if you...)
- know e-commerce: Magento, Shopify and/or WooCommerce
- are cool and fun to work with..
- love web development and design as much as we do...
PLEASE: SEND A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO & INTRO LETTER.
The Company :
Avex is a boutique creative digital agency. Our three areas of expertise are: Design, Development and Digital Marketing. Small by design, Avex can quickly scale up, depending on the size and needs of our projects. Our clients range from global fashion brands to financial companies, startups and small businesses.
Our office is located in the WeWork building on Varick Street in NYC. This is a great environment for collaborating with other designers and developers, which is exactly what we love to do.
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @avexdesigns.com Please include your portfolio link your intro letter and why you want to freelance for a smaller agency.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.