U.S. News & World Report is looking for a front-end developer with significant client side scripting skills to join our growing developer team building data-driven products for one of the globe's most trusted brands. For 80 years, U.S. News & World Report has built a strong and profitable business by providing research and ratings that help individuals and families make important life decisions. While the platform has evolved, what hasn't changed is our commitment to providing our readers with the highest quality products.
This position requires expert knowledge of front-end development and web standards as well as comfort working with back-end technologies. The successful candidate will become an influential member of a passionate and friendly team that creates web applications that reach millions of visitors monthly.
View 8 job postings at U.S. News & World Report
- Working with editors, web producers, graphic artists, and programmers to create innovative online features and interactive tools.
- Developing web-based applications, components, and visualizations from conceptual page plans in Photoshop.
- Crafting flexible templates for custom Python and Java-based applications.
Applicants will be required to provide code demonstrating a clear separation of content, presentation, and behavior.
Required skills and experience for this position:
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience of data visualization.
- A good eye for layout and typography; you won't be designing, but you will be tweaking.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Strongly preferred but not required:
- Experience with responsive web site development.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with one or more rich-client frameworks, such as Backbone, Angular, Ember, Knockout, etc.
- Experience with client-side benchmarking and performance tuning.
- Server-side templating languages like TAL, JSTL, Jinja, Velocity, Twig, etc.
- Postgres/MySQL or other open source database experience.
- Version control/source control systems such as Git.
This is a full-time, regular position. Work will be done onsite at our offices in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC, using state-of-the-art Macintosh desktops with Adobe Creative Suite and your favorite editor. Occasional night and weekend work required.
The USNews.com tech team is a made up of very skilled individuals who are passionate about Web development. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a large, public site for a widely known and respected brand. An ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately and will both learn from us and teach us a few new things.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.