The intern will be working closely with our Marketing Team and will be in charge of developing in house graphic designs for OEC products and services by assisting with various marketing projects and activities.
Company Overview Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create designs and concepts for marketing and advertising needs
- Developing graphics and layouts for company promotional items both digitally and in print, logos, recruitment and marketing material
- Prepare illustrations, rough sketches of materials, draw and print charts, infographs and other artwork using computer software
- Use computer software to generate new ideas
- Maintain and continue building archive of images, photos, and marketing materials for OEC Group products and services
- Study marketing and advertising materials already in use by Marketing Team to be able to plan and create presentations
- Assist in marketing and advertising strategies and objectives by creating various graphics
- Assist with developing presentations and marketing ideas for proposals
- Conduct market, design and design concept research
- Collaborates with Marketing team to obtain marketing information about OEC Group products and services
- Ability to come up with creative original/clever/out of the box ideas for given topics and situations
- Ability to come up with creative ways to solve a problem
- Ability to think of several ideas for given topics
- Have knowledge in design techniques, communications, media and media production by using alternative ways of informing and entertaining via written, oral and visual media
New York Office 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST; PT basis, hours flexible based on school schedule. Rolling paid internship start date January 2017 (start date flexible).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate (Associate's or Bachelor's) degree program geared towards Graphic Design or related areas of study. Preference of some marketing knowledge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Microsoft PowerPoint or similar presentation software and creating slides. The ideal candidate will also have experience and knowledge using various graphic design software programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.