***Please read the entire description before applying or you will not be considered***
DRINKS is a rapidly-growing startup located in a beautiful new Westwood office that owns several online stores that together sell millions of bottles of wine a year. We're a small team of bright, dedicated people running 100 miles a minute and getting a whole lot of work done. DRINKS operates five retail wine brands: Wine Insiders, Barclays Wine, Heartwood & Oak, Troon Wine Club, and Franklin Mint Wine Merchants.
We are looking for a sharp, detail oriented Graphic Designer to join our constantly-expanding team. This position's primary responsibility is to design ad units that drive sales through online channels such as email, display ads, and social media. Selling wine has some unique advantages. Every Thursday we host a catered lunch, evaluate hundreds of new wines a year (that everyone is encouraged to taste), and offer all employees the opportunity to buy wine at cost. A passion for wine (or the desire to learn more about it) isn't required for this position, but it's a big plus! Who you are
- An intellectually-curious graphic designer who knows how to create design that sells product
- A whiz with Adobe Creative Suite CC, particularly Photoshop CC
- Someone who is never happy with the status quo and has a desire to continually optimize and improve their designs
- Someone who excels in a team environment and can use performance data to produce effective design
- Someone who strives in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Two or more years as a professional graphic designer, preferably under a creative director
- Have created both DIGITAL and PRINT designs (emails, banner ads, landing pages, brochures, packaging, etc) that have led to increased sales or conversions
- Nice to have: Bachelor's degree
- Nice to have: Mac experience
- Nice to have: a love of wine!
Benefits include a generous healthcare plan, dental insurance, a flexible vacation policy, covered garage parking, and very-low cost wine purchasing. We are located near the 405 freeway @ Santa Monica Blvd.
Your application must include a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must include the following:
- A link to your portfolio (or work samples)
- A paragraph describing the efficacy of the design work you've included for review.
- A paragraph describing what drew you to this job, not just any job.
- The words "Holla Back" (Yes, seriously)
Applications that do not contain the above will not be considered. Good luck!
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @drinks.com Include the words "Holla Back" in your cover letter (Yes, seriously)
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.