About Blue Apron
Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California and Texas, Blue Apron's mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone-from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. We send millions of meals to customers with all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
We're seeking a Graphic Designer to join our talented and growing in-house Creative team. This person must be hardworking, passionate, creative, and strategically-minded. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter -- someone who is going to help define and grow our brand for years to come.
Only candidates who provide a link to a portfolio or a PDF of relevant work samples will be considered.
- Create visually compelling branded marketing and advertising collateral for our email campaigns, website, printed materials, digital advertising, packaging, and internal communications
- Create compelling 360 advertising campaigns, including TV, digital, print, OOH, and innovative media platforms
- Bring our product to life and engage audiences through visual storytelling
- Work on creative initiatives from concept to completion, in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Refine the look and feel of the brand, and solidify those decisions through fully comprehensive style guides and brand books
- Execute a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- Take advantage of Blue Apron's data-driven environment by considering key metrics in a way that helps optimize design across channels in a clear and measurable way
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the look and feel of the brand is consistent across all communication channels and products
- Work with the Product Design team to refine our on-site experience, making it both creatively inspiring and results-driven
- Concept ideas independently and participate in brainstorming and creative concepting with a team
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Organized, flexible, and able to think and work beyond the creative brief; a problem solver
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback, and execute accordingly
- Comfort and excitement around working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for designing experiences that support, delight, and engage customers
- Enthusiasm about changing the way people eat for the better (Blue Apron's mission) and teaching people about food and cooking
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Photo shoot art direction and still life styling experience a plus
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.