Viacom International Media Networks is currently seeking a freelance Project Based Graphic Designer to join their Multiplatform & Brand Engagement team in New York, NY.
Thisindividual will report to the content manager and will be responsible for designing images for desktop and mobile sites, social media, apps & marketing materials.
- Design promotional images for various content types (i.e. video, games, social) for use on multiple digital platforms.
- Designer will be working directly with Managers of global products. Ideal candidate will be able to integrate into current workflows but also have the flexibility to adapt to new workflows as they evolve.
- Must be able to understand image specs of each platform and deliver final versions of each file to spec without additional need for QA.
- Must also be able to understand brand guidelines of each property to ensure images are consistent with styleguides.
- Ideal candidate will be able to source pre-existing design assets from our internal asset repositories and operate within brand guidelines to decide which assets are best suited for each promotional image.
- Deliverables will include both static & animated files, knowledge of both is instrumental.
- Have an editorial eye to source screen grabs for video content and color correct as necessary.
- Localize game logos into different languages (translations will be provided).
- Assist in social media asset creation workflow: QA and delivery logistics
- Design product assets for Nickelodeon International, Nickelodeon Recreation, Paramount Channel, BET & Spike.
- Nickelodeon International values strong design sensibility. The ideal candidate will also be open and willing to learn and assist with basic production needs. Learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding & ability to create marketing materials for the app stores & social media platforms.
- Experience working with product design & UI a huge plus.
- Previous experience working in digital design or thumbnail/promo image creation is a huge plus. Thumbnails are the first thing visible to users visiting the site, and the goal is to create images that entice users to click through to content.
- Strong sense of design sensibility and previous design experience are required.
- Must be able to show previous design work upon request.
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design/composition concepts.
- Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly in Photoshop and After Effects), Cinema 4d and/or Maya.
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals.
- Previous experience working on Social Media assets also a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Role will be liaising with different Managers, each with various projects in the mix at the same time.
- Exceptional organization & time management skills required.
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @viacom.com Please include links to your work
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.