New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
JVN 868-2017-250305 Graphics Production Designer
Salary: $53,177 - $61,153 Annually
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS), Human Capital Line of Service, seeks to hire a Graphics Production Designer to support our Bureau of Citywide Learning and Development (L&D). Reporting to the Director of Production in support of Citywide Learning and Development (L&D), the Graphics Production Designer will create and maintain graphics for a variety of projects. Responsibilities include collaboration to create and refresh digital assets including, but not limited to, flat 2-D graphics, elements for animated videos, icons, posters for both web and print, catalog covers and page design for print, interface elements, as well as graphics and animations that meet the stylistic needs of eLearning content. Responsibilities will also include maintaining L&D's media and video libraries (graphics, stock images, animations, video components etc.) that support the bureau as well as contribute to the creation of standard graphics for team members to use in the production of learning content, and may be called upon to assist with photography and video production.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess solid graphic design and layout acumen; and be current on trends (such as researching typefaces, design trends, color palettes, photography and video) to integrate into projects.
- Demonstrate effective project management to maintain a schedule for meeting deadlines, and aligning deliverable due dates with project deadlines.
- Create and adhere to graphics standards and style guidelines that suit both the bureau and specific project requirements.
- Understand how to output for web as well as complex print production methods to ensure designs can be produced cost effectively on standard printing equipment.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in design software and hardware installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting with outside vendor support.
- Be comfortable working in both Mac and PC platforms and have experience in crafting and presenting strategic designs that support project goals.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the complete Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint and Outlook, Storyline or Captivate, as well as HTML editing with CSS. Experience with Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Audacity, Sound Forge, EBook Creator or iBooks Author.
Please visit www.nyc.gov/careers for additional details on Job ID# 250305
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bill de Blasio, Mayor
Lisette Camilo, Commissioner
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.