Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than tens of millions of viewers a month watching the world's primetime TV and movies, subtitled in over 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Viki is seeking a Head of UX & Design who can lead in a fast-paced, professional environment, helping us to create a deceptively easy-to-use website, mobile apps and features that make Viki an even more fun place to watch and subtitle videos. This position reports to the VP of Product, is full-time and is based in our Singapore office. Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business goals and user needs. Communicate with Design, Product, Business and Marketing teams and Engineers to understand and translate requirements into products
- Design intuitive and enjoyable consumer products. Based on the goals and needs for Viki viewers and volunteers, creating user flows, UI specs, interaction design and mock-ups as needed
- Collaborate and iterate to get it right. Work with fellow designers and engineers to generate many possible designs to solve a need, evaluate their trade-offs and test and implement the most promising solutions
- Continuously improving products. Driven by data and UX research, design and analyze interactions to support key growth metrics, including incorporating user feedback from multiple sources into subsequent releases
- Experience. 5+ years of experience as a professional UI/UX Designer for consumer products in start-up and/or international media company environments
- User-centric. Design with intuition, but thrives for users feedback, observe users interact with products (e.g Usability Testing) and design a better experience based on the feedback
- Hands-on. Knowledge of standard design and wireframing tools (e.g Photoshop, SketchApp, Axure)
- Up to date. Familiar with latest trends in design for relevant platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Passionate. Love designing simple and intuitive user interfaces and interaction design
- Collaborative. Able to interact with both technical and nontechnical people to complete a project
- Creative. See things differently and come up with solutions that solve problems
- Open-minded. Love of global cultures or entertainment
- Detailed. Colors, typography, space, balance
We're small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.