The Intimates designer will be responsible for overseeing the product conception and creative design for our brands within the intimates Division. This includes innovative, on-time, and on-budget designs with a focus on maintaining strong brand image. The person will be responsible for building/leading the creative design teams, setting group goals, objectives and timelines, and leading the effort as a hands-on designer. The person will work closely with senior teams in developing a creative vision for new product lines along with manager, product modifications that represent the brands. The person will also need to work cross-functionally in a collaborative fashion with key stakeholders including production, product management, packaging, sales and other relevant teams within the supply chain to effectively move products from concept to delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the product design strategy; lead the creative vision, as well as design and development execution for the branded intimates division and private label. Clearly communicate product vision to design and development teams.
- Evaluate internal and external resources to find the best and most cost effective approach to design creation and product development.
- Maintain a firm command of marketplace trends (including consumer, fashion, and product). Prepare fashion trend boards and color stories as required. Develop branded and private label line plans to capture business building opportunities.
- Work jointly with Business Managers, Factories, and the Sourcing department in the development of appropriate and cost effective sourcing strategies.
- Manage the product costing process through timely submission of prototypes packages to factories and vendors. Revise materials and product designs to accomplish profit margin objectives relative to anticipated wholesale and retail prices.
- Build working relationships with materials/component vendors and manufacturer to accomplish product sourcing needs.
- Actively participate in regular meetings with Sales and customers to present products trends, strategies and seasonal lines to build our mutual businesses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years Intimate apparel, specifically with bras
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to be self-motivated and work well in a TEAM environment
- Team player and problem solver in a demanding deadline driven environment
- Motivated, proactive, highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build and manage relationships with vendors and
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please send resume/ portfolio
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.