Novak Birch is seeking a junior project manager to join our creative team. In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Assisting in guiding the design and production of visual materials, including print, exhibit, and online.
- Handling daily management tasks for several projects concurrently, including estimating new projects, writing project briefs, and keeping projects moving forward, on time and on budget, under the guidance of senior project managers.
- Contributing to the creative process for assigned projects (and as you gain more experience, you'll become the liaison between the client and creative team).
This job is most appropriate for a generalist and jack-of-all-trades possessing excellent organizational skills. You must be able to juggle many demands, act with a moment's notice, and meet challenging deadlines. You'll need a good memory, eye for detail, and dedication to the art of project management.
- At least two years of agency or marketing department experience.
- Experience working on creative or technical teams on projects with budgets ranging between $1k-$200k, with one- to six-month timelines.
- Detail-oriented, attentive, and organized; able to quickly categorize, communicate, and compartmentalize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrives working on a team but can also work well independently.
- A proactive self-starter who is driven to move projects forward.
- Ability and drive to understand clients' marketing and business needs/goals and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Able to keep projects on time and under budget while working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management experience.
- Web development methodology experience or general familiarity.
- Graphic design, web design, and/or event planning background.
- Loves dogs (kiddingwell, kind of).
Candidates should be prepared to talk about their relevant experience, including their role (e.g., managing, writing, designing), how project goals were met, and how challenges were handled. If you have sample documents that demonstrate your project management and communication skills, we'd love to see them (e.g., project plans, scopes of work, budgets, and/or calendars that you've created in the past).
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you're the perfect candidate to email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org NO CALLS PLEASE!
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.