What's this job all about?
As a Marketing Designer at Slice, you'll help bring our brand to life through thoughtful visual storytelling and performance driven design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication and you make it a point to understand consumers so that your work is compelling, relevant, and meaningful to your audience. This job requires extensive collaboration with marketing, product, and business stakeholders to deliver visual solutions that critically impact the growth of our product. (No pressure, right?)
The essential ingredients
- 3+ years of visual design experience, ideally working with the marketing team of a technology-forward consumer brand.
- An impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills and a wide breadth of marketing executions, including emails, web design, paid media, social media, infographics.
- Design experience that spans both digital and print, previous experience designing for event signage and collateral a plus.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, and lightweight illustration.
- Strong expertise in sourcing and leveraging on-brand photography for marketing initiatives and product design.
- A deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of design and research to solve key business problems.
- Comfortable shifting gears quickly and juggling multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (knowledge of Sketch a plus).
- Bonus points if you understand/edit basic html.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent work experience.
- A strong commitment to teamwork. Period.
Do you have the secret sauce?
We're a startup, so being self-motivated, fast, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
What is Slice?
Slice is the easiest way to order authentic local pizza. We serve the $40 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with technology that grows their business and helps them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a local pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to profitability while building a network of more than 6,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, the founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity and has built an amazing team of operators, technologists, and investors. We're making major strides this year and we'd love to have you on the Slice team!
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food - it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture, and we created Slice to connect those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza.
We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food: It turns everyday moments into memories and brings together friends, families, and communities. And when you order pizza from a place in your neighborhood, you support a local business. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza and live your best slice life.
Apply via greenhouse: http://slicelife.com/jobs?gh_jid=479504
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.