Position: Media Relations Manager
Status: Full Time
Estimated Duration: Possible Full Time
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Rate: up to $95K D.O.E
Our client, a B2B Technology company, is looking for a Media Relations Manager. This is an onsite direct hire role.
We are looking for a true Media expert, with 8-10 years of experience in Media Relations, and a background in PR/ Communications. Must be willing to travel (up to 50% of the time).
This primary responsibility for this position will be to identify, craft and pitch new stories that will reach potential and existing clients, industry partners, user groups and employees. This requires someone who can handle both the strategic and tactical (hands-on) support.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, edit and update company's Media Center
- Write and distribute news releases and media pitches
- Assist in development of media plans, key messaging and brand positioning strategy
- Manage external media coverage
- Oversee approvals for all stories and releases
- Utilize social media to drive traffic and engagement
- Develop messaging as needed (interviews, requests, etc)
- Coordinate media surveys (analyze, evaluate, compile)
- Offer media relations support and training to regional and divisional communications teams
- Compile and distribute media coverage reports
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company, addressing interview requests and questions.
- Manage the media monitoring / distribution system tools
- Crisis communication as needed
- Feature writing for website and publications as needed
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and be the driving force within media relations. We need a creative thinker who can work to position the company as a thought leader to further develop the overall brand reputation.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.