About The Position:
This is a confidential job posting because we are looking for a creative content marketing rockstar to help us disrupt multi-billion dollar B2C industry that has gotten too set in its ways and we don't want to telegraph our strategy to our competitors just yet. If you are thrilled by the notion of creating a truly industry-leading content marketing program across most every type of media, this might just be the job for you!
We are looking for someone who is equal parts creative, driven, and empathic who can lead and grow the artistic side of our content creation efforts. Our goal is to create an entirely new customer experience that will not only drive sales, but will ultimately position our well-established firm of several hundred employees for rapid national expansion.
Our Executive Committee has authorized the formation of a new Digital Strategy Team and given us a mandate to transform a historically analog business into a responsive, digitally-driven enterprise. In effect, we have both the excitement of a startup, and the stability of an established company, backed by a strong, research-based business plan. Your role on the Digital Strategy Team would be to own the content creation process from capture to publishing. Using both your own skills as well as some external contractors where needed, your goal will be to create stunning layouts, videos, graphics, animations and more that will captivate, entertain, and delight internal and external audiences alike.
Maryland, Northern Prince George's County, close the 495 Capital Beltway. We will offer some opportunities for remote work, but the team will primarily work on-site to start.
Things you will do:
- Manage and grow the company's content creation capabilities from the ground up, enabling our team to publish content assets that will drive engagement and communicate our brand's value proposition.
- Grow the firm's video production capabilities to enable us to produce high-quality video content in-house, end to end.
- Develop the company's design guidelines and brand language while providing creative support for other teams who may be creating their own content.
- Lead the creative process to translate company messaging into engaging, educational content marketing assets that provide real value to customers.
- Lead both the pre-production and production for media shoots (video and still) at customer locations, in the firm's offices, and wherever else we may need to go to get the perfect shot.
- Manage the production of digital and printed collateral, banners, displays, and related assets.
- Maintain a library of digital content assets, images, copy and related media.
- Communicate the humor, personality and warmth we bring to our work as a family company throughout the creative process.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and fulfillment to better understand our audience and drive greater audience engagement.
Qualifications We Would Like:
- At least an associates degree or comparable education in visual or digital arts, journalism, computer science or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years experience creating high-quality digital marketing marketing assets with an emphasis on video shoot planning, production, and editing.
- Expert proficiency with Final Cut or comparable, Adobe Creative Suite, and related tools.
- Outstanding verbal and particularly written communication skills, with an emphasis on writing creative marketing copy.
- Strong working knowledge of animation software packages, 3D modeling and/or motion graphics a plus.
- Working knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal or Wordpress a plus.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and prioritization skills as well as the ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Strong desire to create something entirely new and commit fully to executing on a shared vision.
- A strong compensation and PTO plan that includes company paid holidays and several medical, dental and vision plan options with employer contribution.
- Immediately vesting 401(k) with employer match at 4%
- A great company and team culture that is casual and fun, but isn't afraid to emphasize results and hold each other accountable for doing our best work.
- A strong philosophy of work/life integration. We're not clock punchers. We treat people like adults and trust you to do your best work no matter where you work from.
- Ample opportunities for advancement in our rapidly growing company which plans to open up an office in a new market every year, for the next five years.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to digitalstrategyMD@gmail.com. We can't wait to meet you and talk more about the position, team, and company!
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to the employer.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.