As a Part-Time Junior Graphic Designer, you will work to support our creative team and produce visual design work that conveys our company's branding and messaging to the global clean energy market.
The Junior Graphic Designer creates the following type of work:
- Develop and produce a wide variety of styling for the our companies branding business units.
- Provides marketing, sales, events and research materials, consisting of brochures, flyers, postcards, signage and print ads
- Create online components that consist mainly of email design, web banners, web ads and webpages/modules.
- Create/format market research reports and included graphics in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, preparing files for either print or web
- Takes raw research data and creates compelling infographics for print and web use
- Creates compelling conference branding
- Design of event materials utilizing existing client branding/style guides
- Company presentation materials in both print and digital formats
The Junior Graphic Designer will have responsibilities in:
- Working on average 24 to 30 hours a week.
- Supporting all facets of the company regarding design innovation and execution. This role includes a balance of web, email, and print design, in addition to many other supporting elements including infographics, document templates, data charts, marketing and collateral.
- Reporting directly to GTM's lead graphic designer and work in close collaboration with peers in other parts of the company (online/media, market research, events/conferences), as well as many other stakeholders including editorial, web development, sales, digital marketing, research analysts and executive management.
- Being capable of monitoring projects through all phases of production, which include concepts, production, quality control, presentation, and distribution.
- Providing input, direction, and communication to all involved throughout the design process.
- Attending to multiple projects and meet scheduled deadlines associated with the projects.
The successful candidate is required to demonstrate and have an excellent working knowledge of the following:
- BFA in Graphic Design/Communication Design
- 2+ years experience in a graphic design firm or as an in-house designer.
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates the ability to cross between print and digital design seamlessly
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- A record of efficiently managing multiple projects and handling deadlines
- Knowledge of current design software and industry trends
- Adobe Creative Suite of design software (required)
- Windows based, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be at proficient level with Word and know major points of an application when applied to print and digital. Must know how to format content within Word such as line & word spacing, typefaces, and creating templates. Excel skills specific to charts and graphs for our company products. PPT skills must result in an ability to create/format templates for presentations
- Web design
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred.
- Basic UI and UX experience (experience with formal IA and wireframing methods and tools is desirable).
- Knowledge and proficiency in both web and print design processes.
- Knowledge of typography, illustration, photography in web and print formats.
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
The location for this position is Greentech Media's New York City office, located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. Salary is negotiable and dependent upon the candidate. Greentech Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.
About Greentech Media:
Greentech Media, A Wood Mackenzie Business delivers business-to-business news, market analysis and conferences that inform and connect players in the global clean energy market. Our coverage area extends across the clean energy industry with a focus on solar power and the electric utility market's evolution. Greentech Media's industry-leading coverage is provided by a team of analysts from our market intelligence arm, GTM Research, A Wood Mackenzie Business, as well as our world-class journalists and global network of expert contributors.
GTM Research, A Wood Mackenzie Business is the research, advisory and consulting side of Greentech Media. With an industry-leading analyst team, GTM Research produces reports, data services and strategic consulting for clients throughout the advanced energy market.
Greentech Media and GTM Research come together to produce all of Greentech Media's industry conferences throughout the year. These summits provide a deep market intelligence platform and draw the most important industry players to convene, interact and learn from one another in concert with our team of analysts, executives and journalists.
Greentech Media has offices in Boston, New York City and San Francisco. For more information, visit: www.greentechmedia.com and www.gtmresearch.com. The location for this position is our New York City office, located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.
Email email@example.com PDF resume and portfolio required
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.