Production design has been essential in the work SYPartners has done since we started almost 20 years ago.
The Production Designer is responsible for providing technical and creative solutions and executing them for internal and client teams, in strong partnership with Designers, Strategists, and Project Managers. The work shows up in all the experiences we create for clients: presentations, documents, environments, digital experiences, etc.
The production role, in context of the other roles at SYPartners
The production designer plays a key part in the ecosystem of roles, contributing unique skills that, combined with others, produce a unique output.
Strategists partner with Designers in framing the client challenge and imagining the ideas, concepts, and experiences that help solve those challenges.
Designers partner with Production Designers and Project Managers in bringing to life those ideas, concepts, and experiences through deliverables, both physical and digital (documents, presentations, tools) and moments (events, conversations).
Production designers are accountable for the creation of those deliverables and the quality of the design output. They play a critical role in helping the team anticipate and imagine the best ways to execute the work-mindful of time, cost, and quality.
Creative-problem solving: The instinctual ability to hunt for new solutions, methods, and materials-balancing broad solutions with time and finance constraints-and the capacity to educate on findings and best practices.
Execute vision & planning: Having a solid, informed, and contextual point of view on how to bring creative and strategic plans to life. Devising schedules, deadlines, assignments, and contingency plans to obtain the best possible outcomes while working on the project, staffing, and budget parameters. Clearly communicating expectations with teams and partners. Showing up with conviction in front of teammates.
Quality: Having the detailed understanding and technical expertise to assure quality through every stage of a project. Complete ownership over the delivery of high-quality work (e.g. spell-check, construction check, asset optimization, consistency, and final output). High attention to detail in all deliverables. Establishing and maintaining high levels of trust with team and partners.
A Production Designer should be proficient in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Powerpoint, Keynote
- Basic notions of HTML5
- Basic video editing (Final Cut Pro)
- DSLR cameras and equipment
- Large and small format printing
- Ability to do flawless hand work such as comping/mock-ups for packaging, poster mounting, foam core trimming, tape/spiral/saddle-stitch/folding for binding of books.
- Experience with prepping files for pre-press and print vendors
- Building and designing layouts, mechanicals, templates, and brand extensions
- Image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction
- Experience with designing and installing large-scale environmental displays
We are looking for those with advanced skills in one or more of the following areas, and a willingness, curiosity, and desire to expand their knowledge in others: Print, Digital publishing, Photography, Environmental design, Interactive and Motion design.
- 5+ years experience in production and graphic design
- Strong track record both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to do focused, high-quality work under deadline pressure
- BA degree is a plus but not necessary
We believe it's worthy work to envision, believe in, and fight for greatness.
That's the work we do every day.
We aspire to contribute on three levels:
- As a partner to leadership teams in times of transformation.
- As a set of tools to spark teams to perform at their very best.
- As a network of individuals dedicated to each other's daily success.
We're a thriving management consulting studio with offices in San Francisco and New York. We place a high value on results, optimism, hard work, and collaboration. Our work environment is highly energetic and creatively charged.
Please check us out at sypartners.com to learn more.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.