Amaryllis Floral + Event Design is a leading dcor provider for social and corporate events in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Starting as a boutique floral design studio nearly 27 years ago, Amaryllis has grown into a highly skilled team of event stylists, textile experts, floral designers, carpenters, and artists. We conceptualize and produce extraordinary event designs for our clients in-house at our 50,000 square foot facility located in Landover, Maryland. Our logistical know-how and attention to detail have clients seeking us not only locally, but along the east coast and far beyond.
The production manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of designed products are completed on time, within budget, and are in accordance with both the client's and designer's vision. You will work side-by-side with three lead event designers from project conceptualization to completion.
In this fast-paced work environment, the production manager is expected to keep up with new design projects while overseeing the daily production workflow of the textile, carpentry, and art departments. The ideal candidate for this position is resourceful, imaginative, has the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and has an eye for high-end design.
- Assisting event designers with conceptual planning, pricing and brainstorming
- Managing the workflow of carpentry, textile, and art departments to ensure items are being produced within budget and are to designer's specification
- Collaborating with the design and logistical teams to create and maintain project timelines
- Creating a work environment that instills high levels of motivation, teamwork, and professionalism
- Staying current with trends in event design, architecture, interior design, and related fields
- Collaborating with vendors by building and assessing profitable partnerships; identifying new or replacement vendors as needed
- Overseeing product and supply inventory within the production departments; ordering new supplies when necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience in related work
- Ability to produce renderings by hand and by computer
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent design software
- Ability to visually and verbally interpret and communicate abstract ideas
- Superb organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work long hours and weekends in peak event season
- Ability to manage a team of six departmental leads and a larger team of 12-17 production staff
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide a cover letter, resume and a portfolio of your work for consideration, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.