For more than 135 years, the Art Institute of Chicago and School of the Art Institute of Chicago have shared a commitment to the preservation, education and exploration of the artistic ideal. The Museum and the School are proud of our longstanding relationship, and form a single corporation called the Art Institute of Chicago. While the Museum and School have a shared mission of promoting the arts and art education, their operations are largely separate and each has its own chief executive who reports directly to the corporation's Board of Trustees.
This position will be responsible for directly managing information technology projects as assigned and assisting with overall project portfolio management. The Project Manager will adhere to and implement best practices and proven methodologies to ensure timely and effective delivery of project deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as project manager on assigned projects, providing a single point of contact to project teams, steering committees and stakeholders.
- Evaluates, recommends and deploys project management tools and methodologies.
- Guides projects from original concept through final implementation by developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, project scope definitions, and status reports.
- Assists the VPIS/CIO with overall project portfolio management for the Information Services department by working with department heads, managers and project contributors across the organization.
- Develops strategies to support pipeline management, resource management, financial management, change control and risk management as related to IT projects.
- Supports and facilitates the design and implementation of business process improvements to improve organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversees the collection of detailed requirements and business needs to support the effective development of project scopes and priorities.
- Supervises a staff that assists with business analysis, requirements definition, product research, project management, software configuration, security administration, user management, training and documentation, and on-going user support.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel within and outside of the Information Services department - including the coordination of vendor tasks and deliverables as needed.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, potential problems and the development of contingency plans.
- When required, negotiates with department heads and managers for personnel resources from within the institution that are critical for project success.
- Creates project post-mortems to determine and analyze successful and unsuccessful project elements with an eye towards process improvements.
Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Experience with project management tools and methodologies is required. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential; including an ability to facilitate problem-solving among project teams and stakeholders.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Please apply online at: https://hrweb.artic.edu/recruit/applyjob.html
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.