The Marketing Strategy, Trends & Insights team is responsible for expressing the power and potential of Viacom through marketing, brand strategy and thought leadership. The team elevates the value and impact of Viacom's portfolio of brands and reasserts the company's thought leadership, creativity and innovation.
The Senior Designer is an integral member of the Marketing Strategy, Trends & Insights team, responsible for conceptual design and execution.
Working closely with the Editorial Director and others, the Senior Designer is responsible for establishing the design vision and executing design solutions, from concept to completion, across multiple channels - including web, video, mobile, trade campaigns, presentations and press. Design deliverables include logos, web/mobile design, video stills/motion graphics, presentations, email newsletters, page layouts, campaign graphics and more.
The primary focus of the Senior Designer will be on the day-to-day operations of Viacom's online editorial publishing platform.
The Senior Designer is responsible for:
- Generating strong, inspiring, strategic design concepts
- Establishing Art Direction and vision for projects and campaigns
- Executing creative concepts to produce key creative deliverables
- Using design skills to deliver creative, innovative expressions of Viacom's Marketing ideas across web, mobile, video, trade, presentations and press
- Managing schedules and deadlines to a professional standard
- Managing and art directing freelance designers and interns
- Presenting design solutions and feedback to peers and executives
- Staying current in design, illustration, photography and new technology trends
Specific qualifications include:
- At least six-eight years' experience as a designer with sustained and quantifiable achievements
- A compelling and versatile portfolio showing conceptual and graphic design strength.
- Must be flexible, team oriented and willing to be part of a collaborative process.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based design, as well as strong knowledge of information architecture
- Must have advanced computer knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to be agile with real-time content
Position is available on a full-time, freelance basis.
Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Hannah.Josi@viacommix.com with subject "Senior Designer."
Location: New York City
Viacom Media Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status or any other basis proscribed by applicable law.
Viacom Media Networks is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP
Email email@example.com Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.