The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower. With a global multiplatform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
The Huffington Post is looking for a Senior Designer to join our Product team. You'll be someone who's passionate about design and user experience, super motivated, creative, conceptual and can act as an advocate for our users, while balancing needs of the business. You'll love technology, design with purpose and take pride in producing creative work that excites our audience.
Contribute creative ideas and develop those concepts into high quality engaging experiences
Brainstorm and collaborate with product managers and engineers to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions.
Continue to develop and defend our visual brand. Play a leading part in shaping and maintaining The Huffington Post brand.
Lead other team members in visualizing, inspiring and executing meaningful content experiences.
- Continually look for areas of improvement and opportunities to ensure best practice design and UX principles are always in place. Have an idea as to how we can encourage our audiences to engage with us more? We'll listen and give you the freedom to explore it.
The skills we're looking for in you:
- At least 5 years experience designing for interactive media, mobile, and web.
- Interest/experience in 360 video/VR a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating creative thinking ability, attention to detail, knowledge of user-centered design principles and interaction.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines within a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Proactive problem solver who is keen to innovate and think ahead.
- Diplomatic and collaborative with great disposition and able to work within cross disciplinary teams.
- Ability to create or interpret a design brief
- Solid knowledge across Adobe CC and Sketch.
- Experience using prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Pixate, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Sense of humor
- Zero ego
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.