Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Collaborates with design to concept complex layouts across breakpoints
- Develops interactive prototypes utilized for testing storytelling concepts and interactions
- Participates in developing the front end code base and standards for the editorial design team
- Introduces digital innovation to existing infrastructure with a focus on mobile and emerging technologies
- Proactively communicate with critical partners as needed.
- Communicate clearly how certain design decisions could effect performance
- May be required to assist in the training and mentoring of members of the team
- Solid understanding of responsive web development and device limitations
- Demonstrated ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to pixel-perfect HTML/CSS
- Mac and PC experience and understanding of browser testing across platforms
- Experience working within a collaborative development environment (GitHub experience preferred)
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates should present a body of work that:
- All applicants should supply an online portfolio URL with their applications.
- Demonstrated track record as lead developer or developer on high traffic Web sites
- Design experience and understanding of user interaction
- Location: Drivable distance so one can attend occasional meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional Information ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.