Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom is seeking a Senior Motion Designer who's primary function is to design and animate broadcast quality short form video and animation projects. The Senior Motion Designer will also be involved in all aspects of the production including production set-up, brainstorming to execution and post-production. In addition, this position will create video and animation projects for various VIACOM clients.
- To design and animate video projects and elements to be used within them, including off-air promotions, marketing and sales tapes, and videos for VIACOM corporate events.
- Work closely with producers, editors, copywriters and design directors for all video elements
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in animation and design and computer technology as well as contemporary trends in production design and popular music
- Develop and maintain contacts within VIACOM and with outside vendors
- Collect and organize sound effects and music for incorporation into various VIACOM video projects
- Mentor assistant motion graphics artists, production assistants and interns
- Manage a large volume of multiple assignments and tasks, while working under tight deadlines and budgets
- Help find new and innovative video professionals (ex. 3D Artists and freelance designers) to meet project objectives
- Assist in the creation of new and progressive video projects that reflect the attitudes and goals of the company.
- 3 - 6 years in video production including design and animation
- Must have understanding of current production, design and animating tools
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at best solution
- Ability to conceptualize, storyboard and present ideas clearly
- Mastery of 2D motion graphic techniques in After Effects.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere
- Strong working knowledge of 3D motion graphic techniques in Cinema 4D
- Comfortable working in a Macintosh OS environment
- Compositing skills a plus
- Knowledge of Non-Linear editing including: Final Cut Pro
- Extensive knowledge of VIACOM brands and contemporary popular culture
- Creative ability and excellent aesthetic judgment
- College degree preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technical problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working individually or collaborating with a team
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.