Leading Toy Company is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join their creative team. This person will work with other designers to generate creative concepts and translate into complete 3-D products. He/she could be designing any form of toys for girls and boys ranging from animals/pets and dolls to playsets/environments.
The ideal candidate is someone artistic, self-motivated, proactive and organized. He/she should excel at taking instructions and needs to be able to work independently as well as in teams. The workload will be very fast paced.
- Generate creative product concepts per direction from Design management and / or strategic criteria determined by Design, Marketing, and Executive management
- Render 2-D and 3-D preliminary models of complete product concepts for presentation to Design, Marketing, and Executive management; this includes working with the Model Maker/s, Engineer/s, and Development Designer/s
- Partner with Development Designer/s and Cost Engineering to insure adherence to cost / target profit margin goals
- Effectively participate in the early development phase of the product from Design Start through Executive Approval (EA); this includes providing certain information and tangible items required for the creation of Development Start Package/s
- Continue to support the ongoing development of the product as necessary from EA through Production Pilot (PP)
- Strong sketching/illustration skills
- Ability to draw playsets and understand area proportions with proper branding details and play pattern
- Drawing/illustration of animals/pets in a variety of styles and some dolls
- BS/BA Industrial Design
- Minimum 4+ years professional experience
This will be onsite, duration is open ended, and the start date ideally is ASAP. The company is located in El Segundo. If you are interested in learning more, please send us your current resume and portfolio/sketchbooks. Please make sure to present a good range of style in your portfolio and sketchbooks!
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los AngelesFair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.