eSalon is looking for a contract-to-hire Sr. Visual Designer to play a key role in the hands-on graphic design of visually rich interactive properties.
Design is intended to communicate, excite and explain the products and brand that we represent. At every touch-point, we want the eSalon client to be delighted with their experience. This includes concept and design work on all brand assets required for digital circulation (i.e. campaigns, landing pages, emails, blog, web advertising banners, mobile-specific needs, assets required in UI/UX updates). These projects require a deep understanding of visual language including typography, photography, motion, layout, and the ability to work with copywriting to create distinct branded assets. The Senior Visual Designer will work within the brand guidelines to drive the creative vision for these projects from concept through completion.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Senior Visual Designer reports to the Creative Director, and will
- Manage and execute day-to-day design for all digital creative, ensuring visual continuity and integration with cross-functional priorities.
- Own graphic and visual design of larger, more complex, and strategic digital design projects and campaigns.
- Develop and implement world-class digital design solutions that deliver on written creative briefs.
- Keep an open flow of communication with the Creative Director to maintain brand continuity and project awareness.
- Provide digital design options and exploration, as well as clear recommendations for preferred approach.
- Help create and consistently deliver against established brand style guidelines.
- Execute all phases of the project lifecycle - including creative and production to generate or validate all required files for assigned projects.
- Lead the creation of production-ready comps and assets that support varying formats and responsive environments.
- Maintain a positive relationship with both Product and Tech staff, ensuring that visual designs meet the requirements of both departments.
- Manage, organize and be able to complete multiple projects on time and successfully.
- Exhibit a pixel-perfect attention to detail - looking after every point, font, space, and color to make sure it adds value and inspiration to the creative. Responsible for 100% accuracy and proofing of all materials produced.
- Work closely with the Product and UX teams on new digital design initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color and technology relevant to visual and graphic design.
- Proactively suggest revs and new ideas to enhance or optimize existing design solutions.
- Evaluate success of digital design projects, and recommend path/s to optimization.
- BFA in Graphic or Visual Design
- Minimum 8 years experience. Preferably in an online or e-commerce environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating a keen eye for clean design and tactical execution of beautiful interactive, results-focused digital marketing.
- Mastery of Adobe CC Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro. After Effects, Sketch. Invision is a plus.
- Familiar with the structure of an e-commerce store (CMS/Website) plus an understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Possess the ability to develop and implement unique conceptual, innovative ideas and present them effectively.
- Expert in web production and the capabilities/requirements within all digital channels.
- Ability to act as a leader and collaborator in creative problem solving to understand and interpret brand needs, and develop innovative results-oriented solutions.
- Strong understanding of established responsive web standards and UI best practices, and a curiosity about emerging technologies, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- Critical thinking and reasoning.
- Thrive in a high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Persuasive verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative manner and a highly creative out-of-the-box thinker
- Self-initiating person who operates with a high degree of transparency, accountability and integrity.
- A sharp eye for editing photography and video for digital deliverables is a plus.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.