We are looking for a UI Designer to join our Product Design team. The ideal candidate is someone who will drive creative solutions for both our consumers and our retailer partners. You'll be working closely with the product design team, product managers and engineers to iterate on existing products and develop new ideas.
The design task is challenging, fun and rewarding -- enabling our users to interact with complex content in a low friction, high value experience. This role helps shape RetailMeNot's customer experience across web and mobile channels.
You'll have autonomy to take risks, move fast and execute bold experiments and with that freedom comes serious responsibility - you'll commit to targets and find a way to reach them through persistent learning. This means you'll be involved in everything from design concepts to mock-ups, user testing, prototyping, analysis and optimisation.
You'll be responsible for keeping compelling, coherent, memorable aesthetics across our products, and will always find ways to improve key metrics to help define the brand.
- Develop the design rationale and explain visual choices to cross-functional teams; express concepts verbally and visually
- Produce high-quality visual designs, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials)
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching a problem to arrive at elegant solutions
- A strong grasp of how different devices impact user experience
- An inherent curiosity to learn
- Ability to both give and take direction
- A clean, polished style and an eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, fast paced and agile environment
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback in a professional manner
- 3 or more years designing experiences for web and mobile products
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related experience
- Deep knowledge of typography, layout and composition, color theory, grid systems and use of photography
- Experience in Agile design and development environments
- Proven experience leveraging knowledge of browser/device capabilities, web standards, progressive enhancement, and responsive design techniques
- Excellent ability to listen to needs and respond with coherently presented design methods, explorations, and trade-off rationale to peers and executive stakeholders
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch a must. Experience with Invision, Principal or other prototyping tools is a plus
- Expert understanding of web design standards, mobile patterns and front-end frameworks
**Please include a portfolio link to be considered for role**
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.