What's this job all about?
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our Product Design team, someone who will drive creative solutions for both our consumers and our retailer partners. You'll be working closely with the design team, product managers and engineers to iterate on existing products and develop new ideas.
The design task is challenging -- enabling the user to interact with complex content in a low friction, high value experience. This role helps shape RetailMeNot's customer experience across web and mobile channels.
Do I have what it takes?
- Strong experience in problem solving and designing across all digital touchpoints
- Ability to smoothly shift gears from concepts, to user flows, and execution
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, task analysis, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem
- Strong teamwork and communication skills; we actively collaborate with everyone, from developers to end users
- An intuitive grasp of how different devices (mobile vs tablet vs desktop) impact user experience
- A roll up your sleeves, get stuff done attitude
What's a typical week like?
- Huddle up with the team to explore new user flows. Together, fill a whiteboard and identify options to improve usability.
- Break design problems down into viable chunks and solve them with crystal clear clarity
- Analyze metrics and evaluate the user experience - what opportunities are we missing? There's always ways to simplify content and reduce visual noise
- Dream up a new feature or an entire new app and take charge to see it ship
- Partner with the engineers to test new features prior to deploying to production.Discover an unexpected bug and sit side-by-side to squash it
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, human factors or similar
- 3-5 years working in software or product design
- 1+ years experience designing specifically for mobile devices and apps on iOS and/or Android
- An advocate for a user-centric experience
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.