Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Important: In addition to your resume submission, you must provide separate attachments with portfolio samples. If your portfolio is embedded in your resume, please create a separate document with an itemized listing of links to your portfolio.
NOTE: This position and level will be determined upon candidates' skills, experience and education.
The successful candidate will leverage expertise in human computer interaction, user-centered design principles and forward-thinking digital best practices to shape business objectives into user-friendly experiences that exceed the expectations of our customers. This position will be responsible for collaborating with business and technology partners to drive cross-platform requirements and solutions. The candidate must be able think strategically and execute efficiently. The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships across the organization while promoting a strong UX point of view. Anthem is looking for a driven self-starter, problem solver, and someone that is passionate about creating remarkable digital experiences.Primary duties include but are not limited to:
Responsible for creating best-in-class digital experiences that support the public and secure areas of our site, including product research, sales and complex transactional experiences.
* Collaborate with business owners and digital product managers to understand their business goals, features and content to develop a design strategy for the digital experience. Translate business and user experience requirements into user-centered interface recommendations.
* Create wireframes, site maps, mockups, high level prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience.
* Establish and maintain a digital information architecture that is well organized, user friendly, and presents a consistent look and feel to support the brand.
* Analyze the use of website content and design; takes steps to improve information architecture and design.
* Apply user-centered best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
* Collaborate as an integral member of the digital product management, design and development teams.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and problem-solving skills and the ability to present to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to think creatively about business problems, conduct competitive analysis and connect research insights to digital solutions.
* Review and interpret web statistics and other research data, and help create effective, desirable and easy to use digital user interfaces
BA/BS in Human Computer Interactions, Psychology, Information Sciences, and Graphic/Visual Artists required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MA/MS preferred.
4-5 years of client-side development experience, preferably in the consumer space.
Possess a strong eye for design and interaction with the ability to seamlessly translate design materials into dynamic web and mobile applications.
Experience integrating HTML-based content with 3rd party environments (i.e. Content Management Systems).
Experience with source control (SVN/GIT) and bug tracking systems.
Experience with technologies such as Java and .NET a plus.
Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
Experience with AngularJS a big plus.
Experience developing responsive sites and mobile applications.
Experience with content management system development a plus.
Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Experience working in a distributed/remote work environment a big plus.
Experience working in an Agile environment a big plus.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.