We're rethinking and reengineering the insurance industry from the ground up. With an impressive amount of investment at our back, a disruptive vision, and a world class team, we're in the position to create a new future for one of the largest global industries. We're looking for a first-rate UX / UI Designer to lock arms on our vision and join our team in downtown San Francisco as we launch and scale nationally.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The User Experience (UX) Designer is fundamentally responsible for designing strategically effective, mobile-centric experiences across web (RWD) and native (iOS/Android). This position will support, and is supported by, a team of talented designers, product managers, user researchers, and front-end developers within a collaborative fast-paced environment. The position serves under the direction of the Creative Director, Director of Product and the Product Team. We provide a collaborative and supportive work environment designed for success and work/life balance.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- High-quality iterative UX and UI solutions (iOS, Android and Web) both within a collaborative team setting, and working independently.
- Concept and design user interface prototypes and mockups.
- Participate in UX documentation (sitemaps, wireframes, journey maps, etc.).
- Work closely with the front-end development team to ensure design solutions are executed correctly.
- Be an advocate for great design practice and adopting new technology.
- Contribute and integrate with our user testing methodologies and research on an ongoing basis.
- Have some impressive, highly relevant artifacts to show that demonstrate your superior talent, ranging from portfolio pieces to awards.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- At least 3-5 year related work experience.
- Agency experience preferred, but not required.
- A passion of design, a deep love of typography and color, with a desire to produce work of the highest quality.
- Proficiency with modern design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, among others).
- A good knowledge of user testing and interpreting user test results into actionable tasks.
- Ability to present and synthesize your work rationale.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and integrate it into your work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related degree preferred.
- Understanding of HTML/CCS/JS and iOS/Android technology for bonus points.
- Various titles considered: Designer, Sr. Designer, UX Designer, User Experience Designer, Digital Designer, Mobile Designer, Web Designer, Sr. UX Designer.
- Salary: We invest in first-rate talent and pay top of market salary for most positions, factoring in the experience and talent-level of the applicant.
- Benefits: Full medical, dental, and retirement benefits; catered lunch, gym membership, flexible/remote work, 4 weeks of vacation and 6 weeks of paid m/paternity leave, ability to play every video game ever made (seriously), panoramic views, and more.
- Location: near Montgomery BART station, San Francisco, California.
If you're hungry to do something big and meaningful, send us your resume and links to your portfolio. We'll be in touch!
Blue Owl is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, committed to opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.