The Vice President of Creative fulfills a role in the Creative department under the direction of the Head of Marketing, driving ideas, concepts and execution while upholding standards of aesthetic and innovative excellence and strategic impact. The position sits on a broader integrated marketing team that includes the core Marketing team, Digital, Editorial, Social, Press, Project Management, AV/Photography and services other departments as needed in delivering against messaging and program opportunities to position NYC as the leading tourism and meetings destination.
The VP of Creative upholds the brand look and feel, working to make sure that all creative output adheres to a consistent look, tone, and brand guidelines. The position, in collaboration with integrated marketing team, keeps the teams of designers, copywriters, photographers, video producers/editors, and production specialists inspired, and ensures that their creative output adheres to brand standards and delivers on business results all while understanding strict timeliness and budgets.
- Using the company marketing plan as a guide post, collaborate with the integrated marketing team to service internal business units and external stakeholders in ideation, campaign creation, reviewing strategies and insights driving campaign/program direction, and developing concepts in support of programs/activities
- Partner with Marketing team to ensure clarity around direction and deliverables in support of all campaigns, programs and executions for paid, owned, earned and shared channels/media.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the portfolio of campaigns/programs/initiatives, including brand positioning and target consumer information.
- Drive and develop innovation throughout all campaigns and executions
- Partner with digital and editorial teams to revise website and other digital channels based on analytics and internal stakeholder needs
- Create presentation decks and website/mobile comps quickly and effectively that strategically communicate creative concepts to internal and external clients.
Team & Management:
- Collaborate with Project Managers to co-manage the workflow and the team during the duration of all projects.
- Prioritize, delegate and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Act in creative leadership role with clients, vendors, and internal resources with intelligence, humility, charisma, and solid work ethic.
- Develop, lead, and mentor a staff of dedicated creative professionals in accordance with company policy.
- Deliver campaigns/creative solutions to external agencies/stakeholders as needed, or recommend staffing for outside asks.
- Identify outside design resources, agencies and freelancers as needed for US-based needs, and needs for other markets on a case by case basis
Travel and Tourism & Advertising Industry Insights & Knowledge:
- Strong travel and tourism market (and the business implications behind decisions) background highly preferred
- Must have and maintain strong brand and advertising understanding
- Must have demonstrable experience in digital design and up-to-date knowledge of best practices, as well as trends and innovation in the digital space.
- Intimately has a strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Must be able to work in collaborative, fast pace work environment
Salary dependent on experience
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.