CFR Digital is seeking a Visual Designer to assist the Design Director various projects within the digital function of CFR. In this role, the Visual Designer will be collaborating and working alongside product and technology stakeholders to define the user experience across CFR.org.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop the visual design for CFR products such as infographics, data visualizations, interactives, and microsites across a responsive platform
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development
- Maintain and assist in the evolution of the style guide
- Keep abreast of industry trends and seek ways to apply new principles
- Facilitate design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project, including design rationale
- Five years of related design experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of interaction design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Possess a solid working understanding of user-experience design principles
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Professional-level knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Adobe CS, Sketch, etc.)
- Familiarity with print design principles a plus
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design, photography, or related field
- Interest in current events and foreign policy a plus
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on itsaward-winning website, CFR.org.
CFR offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including generous leave policies and health insurance programs, an award-winning health and wellness initiative including an on-site fitness center, and professional development training.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Qualified candidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department at the address below. PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer an
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.